PDA

View Full Version : vacations, fish turnover

bryalk1
03-27-2003, 07:14 AM
two quick questions, i am finally getting my first discus ;D ;D i am getting 6 german turks and 6 peach panda from mike wells this sat. and then next sat 5 hb blue diamonds,5 red royal blue, and 5 white diamonds from cary. my wife wants to know if we will ever go on vacation again. anybody i've asked to watch my tanks in the past have overfed and i come home to green tanks with overfed fish. thats with angels, i don't know about discus especially with the dietary demands. my wife still chuckles when i bring up the beefheart mix. any suggestions? also i have noticed alot of comments about new fish all the time. what happens to the old ones and the fry when you do get them to breed? i figure to put mikes fish in a 55 gal and carys into a separate 55 raise temp, add salt. shouls i have any meds available? ???

brewmaster15
03-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi Bryant,
This is a good link...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=965;star t=0

as for meds... for starters I would ask each Mike and Cary what they have treated these fish for--if anything was needed, and if they reccommend anything? I would definetly treat each set of fish as separate orders and maintain a good quaranteen. If there is the slightest sign of a problem, contact the appropriate breeder and see if they can help you. They would know their fish best.

You can also post about it in the disease board and we'll try to help.

hth,
al