PDA

View Full Version : My discu is dying

Omandilon
03-31-2003, 12:51 AM
Hi, couple months ago one of my discus die, he just spot eating, after that my last one start acting weir, two days ago he stop eating. Yesturday I did a water change, I check my water condition and it in perfec shape; However today I found my fish almost dead, he still alive but I think that he is not going to make it, What can I do to help my poor fisht.

If you can help I will alway be gratfull .

brewmaster15
03-31-2003, 01:07 AM
Hi,
Was there any symptoms you noticed before this all happened? color of feces? discolored skin? patches of white on the skin? Labored breathing?

If the fish is stressed now...the best thing you can do is add salt to the tank at a rate of 2 tablespoons/10 gal

what are all your water parameters?

Reference this list as some things to look for...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=1082

hth,
al

Omandilon
03-31-2003, 01:25 AM
:DHi, No i didn't notice any white spot or sing of any infection, but he was hading on the back of the tree of his tank. It has a PH of 7.5 , Nitrate(No.2) 0ppm, Ammonia 0ppm, Carbonate Hardness of 71.6 ppmKH and I could not get the rading for general hardenes on the test I add 15 drops pasing regular ppm of 12 to ger 214.8 GH.

I really preciate you help but I want to let you Know that I just lost my fish, he was a redcovalt and he was aproximatlely 3"1/2, I had it for almos 3 yeast.
If you have any idea of what could be wrong I really apriceate it and once again thaks!

brewmaster15
03-31-2003, 01:29 AM
Sorry you lost the fish. :'(

Its hard to tell why it dies, but it may have been an internal parasite. are there other fish?discus in that tank?

-al

Omandilon
03-31-2003, 01:46 AM
Thank you for your help, and no there is no other discu left in my thak, I keep her wiht couple neon tetras and they are OK. I only had two discus as a acuarium hobbist, one he die because de did't eat and he was like one year old and my tonight lost she was almos two years old and I didn't notice any thing worng until tonight.