PDA

View Full Version : Balanced Diet?

Russ
04-01-2003, 03:00 AM
I am currently feeding my 3 inch discus Jack Wattley frozen beefheart mixture 3 times a day and frozen bloodworms once a day, is this a complete and balanced diet where they will obtain maximum growth? I tried feeding flake food once in a while but they don't seem to like it, and I don't want to risk feeding live food due to possible parasite infection. Also I was wondering what is a good food to enhance coloration, and if I feed color enhancing food to them will my snowflake discus turn tan, pink or yellow?

Russ

yogi
04-01-2003, 11:36 PM
The diet you currently feed your discus is pretty well balanced. You do not want to feed your snowflakes any color enhancing food. It will cause them to take on a goldish or orangey (sp) color around the head, gills and fins.

TKD-MAN
04-16-2003, 02:56 AM
Hi Russ ;D
My discus love OMEGA ONE flake food! ;)

flogger426
05-05-2003, 11:06 PM
russ,

you might want to consider just making your own heart mix and putting the money in your pocket instead of wattleys and ocean nutrition.

last time i checked that stuff was around 3.5 bucks for an 8 ounce packet. you can make 4 times as much if you made your own mix. beefheart is cheap. my opinion.

goodluck, john

April
05-06-2003, 12:31 AM
yes..i say join the club and start grinding beefheart. we all get grossed out by it..and hate making it. but we all do it. lol
get a food processor and add whatever you have about......prawns..shrimp...garlic , spirulina and some flake. lots of fun.your missing hte best part of discus keeping. lol.
freeze in ziplocks and there you have it.

flogger426
05-06-2003, 03:06 PM
right on april! couldn't have said it better!

john