PDA

View Full Version : why there are blood stains inside the nose...

pigeon
04-02-2003, 12:03 AM
hi ppl...i notice that some of the juventile discus in the pet shop have blood stains inside the nose, is that a sympton of disease??

brewmaster15
04-02-2003, 12:49 AM
Good eyes Pigeon. I have seen that also. I don't know if its a sign of disease or if they smashed into something, but it seems more common in pigeon bloods, and other light colored discus. ....may its just easier to see.

I have known some people who have mentioned this in the past, and most said it passed on its own.

Maybe Discus get head colds like us? :)

-al

Mike_T
04-02-2003, 11:41 AM
This could be a sign of vitamin defficiancy. Ask the shop owner what they've been feeding them...

-Mike T 8)

pigeon
04-02-2003, 10:42 PM
i dont think so, because i saw them feed the discus with tetra bit and blood worms:) Anyway, does a discus need to be supplied with additional vitamins beside from the food i have mentioned above?

discus_nw
04-03-2003, 03:21 AM
I have seen this condition also in PB varieties. In this case, it was a bacterial infection that eventually caused a popeye condition in one of the discus because of fluid build-up in the cranial cavity. Salt @ 2 tbs/10 gal helped the discus with the less severe conditions, but an antibiotic was needed for a total cure. Kanamycin successfully elimenated the infection.

brewmaster15
04-07-2003, 09:33 AM
Hello discus_nw,
Thats an amazing coincidence. I knew someone on the old DAAH, that had the same experinece about 2 years ago. Small world.

-al

discus_nw
04-07-2003, 11:47 AM
al,

Me too.