PDA

View Full Version : Name my discus

RedTigrrr
04-04-2003, 11:45 PM
:-[ Hi everybody.... this site was passed along to me by a great helpfull fellow discus owner. I've had my discus for about 3wks now and really enjoy them. I went to a fish swap and off all the fish there, the discus were just the most magnatizing!!! I walked around the room and kept ending up back at the discus tank! I spent sooo much time asking the breeder about their care that I totally forgot to ask exactly what kind of discus I was buying! Boy do I feel dumb! So I've got some pics here and if any of you can give me an educated guess I'd really appreciate it! Let me just warn you, I am aware that I have a marine background for a freshwater tank! lol I bought that when I first bought my tank 5yrs ago and didn't know a thing about fish other than don't mix community w/ aggressive! Man have I moved on! lol So anyways.... Lemme know what ya think K.. Thanks

Erin ;D

RedTigrrr
04-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Here's another pic

brewmaster15
04-05-2003, 12:36 AM
Hi Erin,
Welcome to SimplyDiscus! and welcome to the addiction known as Discus!

Those fish are too young to make a good ID on. Some clearer pictures may help, but until the color and patterns develop its real hard to say. Do you know the name of the breeder..if so I'd call them... if not contact who ever organized the swap.. odds are they may know who was selling discus there.

sorry couldn't help you more.

take care,
al

Carol_Roberts
04-05-2003, 02:28 AM
Yes, it's hard to tell at this young age, but maybe turquoise or cobalt?

discus_nw
04-05-2003, 03:29 AM
Too young to tell at this point

RedTigrrr
04-05-2003, 08:17 AM
::) Thanks for the replys. Guess I'll just have to wait it out! ::)

Erin

keith_cny
04-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Hi Erin!

Welcome and congratulations.

I think those 2 look good. Tell us more about your setup and care plans: Size tank, filter, tankmates, water parameters, food, etc.

Keith

BlueBull
04-05-2003, 01:36 PM
Hi Erin!

Congrats and welcome!

Those, to my best guess, are Blue Ketupat Ayam Goreng Rojak Sunset Discus.

RedTigrrr
04-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Ok you want info..... Lets see... Well I have the 3 discus in my 55 w/ 3 angels as well. I was told to later take the angels out... Ummm I have a penguin filter, and currently feed them bloodworms and flakes. I'm waiting for my order of beefheart from the butcher shop. Other than that, I'm just learning as I go along! I read about the fish a little untill I saw them at and couldn't resist buying them. Since then I've been reading, talking, asking questions, and reading and reading and reading! lol I've been taking care of the fish as well. lol So any and all info on these guys is more than welcome! Here's a question for you all. I was told by one person that gravel in the tank is o.k. if I'm not breeding. Others have told me no gravel.... Sooooo what's the word????

Erin

BLUEKNIGHT
04-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Its really hard to tell they look like rose reds by looking at the first pic.

slicksta
04-06-2003, 09:33 AM
..........how about Harry and Sally.... ;D

RedTigrrr
04-06-2003, 10:39 AM
lol that was a good one.... That didn't even cross my mind..

FishGuru
04-06-2003, 11:09 AM
I think they look more like a Sunny and Cher.......