PDA

View Full Version : So you guys wanna see some big Fish?

Jason
04-09-2003, 11:14 AM
hi here are some some pics Sly took and posted on Aquarealms.com

these are the legendary giant fish from Vietnam they mostly have old school 9 bar snakes and red royals over there but the adult fish are 9"+ on average!

they are usually grown in outdoor cement vats that are over 10' long and 3' deep, and fed alot of live tubifex and mosquito larve, and a few other things I won't mention.

when you can have monsters like these why would you want a flowerhorn?

thank-you Sly!
http://www.aquarealms.com/viewtopic.php?t=9937

brewmaster15
04-09-2003, 11:20 AM
WOW!!!

-al

04-09-2003, 12:06 PM
I'd hate to see the food bill on those guys :o

I wouldn't mind having a tank FULL of those ;)

Thanks for posting them

SLY
04-09-2003, 01:05 PM
NP jason yes those are huge fishes I am wondering if I am accidentally smack by them on the face what would happen :o anyway they are very nice and look big in a 5 foot tank. ;D

Smokey
04-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Incredible !!!

Beauties!!

Huge!

Smokey

Mr.Trips
04-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Ok, when are they going to be dropped shipped to my airport?

Jason
04-09-2003, 03:28 PM
I would'nt be surprised if Vietnam passes Thailand in discus exporting with all the problems they have there.

and if the tastes of the discus consumer changes and everything old is new again, they could be the next penang

LOL SLY be very afraid! when I was there I was looking into a tank at this one place, the glass was covered with algae so I had my face pressed against the glass to get a better look inside, I saw a giant eye looking back at me like the scene in Jurassic Park, scared the hell out of me! :o

OEG
04-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Those are just incredible specimens they make my biggest one look like a biatch. Does Mr. San have a web site? So that I can drool some moore. :waaa:
Oscar

SLY
04-09-2003, 10:00 PM
OEG Mr See cheow san has no website but I'll probably talk him into having one..the problem is he can't read so someone has to reply his emails..probably his son. ;)

OEG
04-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Thank you Sly those fish are very impressive. Do you have any of his strains in youre collection?
Oscar ;)

Mykuhl
04-10-2003, 12:03 AM
A Big WOW!! :o from me as well. Now those are some gorgeous discus. Even though there is nothing in those tank photos to get a size comparison you can still get an idea how large they are. Thanks for posted those pics :)