PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Cave order

Carol_Roberts
04-11-2003, 12:22 AM
I placed my first order from Aqua Cave on SUNDAY NIGHT for a couple of Won Pro heaters, bbs eggs and Azoo red discus pellets. New brands I've not tried before.

My order was at the post office TUESDAY MORNING. I've never received an order so quickly. Usually it takes a week or more.

I put the Pro heater with the LED display in the kitchen tank and it is still working 48 hours later. I'm noting heater installation dates in my fish book from now on.

Do the Azoo red pellets compare favorably with tetra bits?

fcdiscus
04-11-2003, 12:25 AM
No, no, no, Carol! You are supposed to answer the questions, not ask them! Frank ;)

Ryan
04-11-2003, 12:37 AM
Carol,

Sounds good. The way my Ebos are crapping out on me lately, Albert may be getting an order from me soon, too. I can barely get my tanks up to temp. Let me know how that Azoo food works -- I've been using ONF1, Hikari Discus Red, and Colorbits. Of course, my fish are more blue than red, BUT I had some left over and they like it, so why not add some variety? Don't they also make a blue form of color-enhancing food? I know there's some in our Simply give-away, but it's a different brand.

Ryan

April
04-11-2003, 12:42 AM
I believe a-zoo does make a blue one.
better check it out ryan
wonder how shipping would be to canada?

Jason
04-11-2003, 12:58 AM
hi carol,

the azzoo bits i feel had better ingredience than tetra bits, my fish ate them the first time i tried them, theydid bloat abit if they ate them too fast but nothing serious, the cost of getting them shipped here was too much so i'm back to tetra bits now.

i gave a can of the azoo dicus larvae pellets to my cousin and he grew some angel and rainbow fish fry really quick using them exclusively, never tried them on discus fry though

DarkDiscus
04-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Carol,

My discus didn't care for the Azoo pellets and refused to eat them at all. I fed them to my Nicaraguan cichlids who will eat almost anything. They eat the tetra color bits and hikari red pellets with no problem. I want to ask another question back since it's along the same thread...

Has anyone used Sera brand pellets? The very worst food I ever fed was an algae based Sera pellet for africans - I never had ANY fish, INCLUDING the Nicaraguans even try it. I tried to break them in to eating it by giving them no other options, and it seemed they would rather starve than eat those pellets!

John

April
04-11-2003, 09:02 AM
my fish dont eat any pellets. maybe i never insisted long enough. but gave up trying.
let us know Carol how it goes.

Carol_Roberts
04-11-2003, 06:13 PM
I will open the can this weekend and let you know what the fish think ;)

Ardan
04-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Hi,
I bought 2 Won Pro Heat heaters over a month ago from Aquacave and they are working great (both are 350 Watts)
They are unbreakable, metal heaters. The type I bought are not LED but a dial. THis can easily be bumped, so I found I need to watch that, but otherwise working great and a great price too.

Yes delivery was SPEEDY ;D 8) :)

finfriendly
04-12-2003, 07:30 PM
HI Carol,
I have made two orders with Aqua Cave for sponge filters in my pics. They have always arrived very quickly !
They are a very good source.
Scott
P.S. the Incredible pair still lives up to the name ........havent lost a fry yet :-)

Carol_Roberts
04-12-2003, 10:40 PM
The fry look like they are doing very good. The parents are naturals.

nalah
04-13-2003, 06:45 AM
AZOO products are very expensive here so i have never tried them.

John- i use the sera discus pellets. all discus like them. went off the tetra bits due to the fact that this food seems to crumble and creates heaps of powdery residue. makes a mess in tanks. but my fish do like
tetra.

Jason
04-13-2003, 09:17 AM
Is it just me or have you guys noticed tetra bits changed a few times in the last 6 years? like colour, bit size, bit texture, etc.??

??? then again its probably just my imagination :P

nalah
04-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Jason
its not just you.
i think for the cost,the quality is not too good anymore. sera discus granules works out cheaper. and better quality.

OEG
04-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Carol,
I found that the fish like the tetra bits more than the Azoo pellets and i think the Azoo pellets cloud the water a bit also. Now if you ask me about Azoo pumps and Azoo Spong Filters and i can tell you that they are great, the pumps are the quitest and smooth i have ever seen. The sponge filters that you mount on the sides of the tanks work great and are alot easier to clean in the tanks when siphoning than the hydros.
Oscar

Jason
04-14-2003, 08:56 AM
the Sera stuff is twice the cost of Tetra and Azoo here, a single sera sponge filter is 14$can wholesale!

Thanks for the recomendation though, I will pick up some to try.