PDA

View Full Version : Fish buddies

Fisheyes
04-11-2003, 11:39 PM
I just finished a 4 hours visit and fish swap with a new friend Dwayne Hopper from Saskatoon . Dwayne came down for a hockey tournament and brought 10 teacup sized Blue snake skins for a trade of my 10 golden dragons .
I think I might have taken advantage of Dwayne as the sizes were slightly different. I knew that good wine would payoff . LOL
His fish after a 7 hour trip to Calgary were in great condition and I will be packing up my 10 golden dragons to send home with him after his hockey tournament on Sunday.
Life is good I made a new friend and received 10 different types of discus all in one weekend .
Fisheyes( :yikes:)

Carol_Roberts
04-12-2003, 01:14 AM
It sure is fun visiting with other hobbiests. Finally someone who doesn't get a glazed expression on their face when you start talking about filters or water changes. . . . so lets see some pictures . . . if you don't have a digital camera put that next on your "equipment" list

04-12-2003, 01:21 AM
that's great :)
is dwayne on the forum here? cos i get out to saskatoon every once and a while... ;)

and yeah, what carol said...pictures

April
04-12-2003, 06:24 AM
That is fun. Fun when youve talked to the person..then get to meet and see their fish. and what better way than to trade fish..
Ive met a few people in town lately..and we;ve been swapping fish about..and then we all have something new to play with and one person may have what the other needs etc.

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 06:47 AM
:bounce:Yes Carol will start with some picture later today when they settle in a little more .
:computer: David------- he goes by DSHopper
Well when he came we doubled up his 10 with my 10 that he will take home sunday .
We put them in a 33 gal seasoned tank . :yikes:
Talk about dedicated - :sleeping:I couldnt sleep thinking about them are they ok OH I know there is to many in the one tank and all the rest of it that goes with keeping fish.
:scared: :puke: :juggle: :waaa: :yikes: :sleeping:
So guess what 3 am and I am doing 50 % water changes and baby sitting them till morning .These suckers aren't going to die from neglect . :sleeping:
Dwayne will certainly be laughing when he gets home and reads this.
Thanks Dwayne and I hope you win your hockey tournament.
Fisheyes( :crazy:)
P.S. Heres some pictures of them that Dwayne sent me three weeks ago--- Mom Dad and the youngins

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 06:50 AM
more

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 06:50 AM
Born end of Nov.

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 06:51 AM
one more

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 06:57 AM
dad

paulmat
04-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Fisheyes
Those are some sweet looking fish you got there :o

Paul :guitarist:

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 03:00 PM
Well 24 hrs and all is well .Fish are mingling and eating CBW :bounce: :bounce2:

Here is some pictures from today

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 03:01 PM
one more

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 03:02 PM
another

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 03:03 PM
another

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Last one

04-12-2003, 06:22 PM
fisheyes,
how do you like those sponge filters? are you happy with them? how long have you used them? do they stay on the side of the tank pretty good, or do they tend to fall off sometimes?

david

Fisheyes
04-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Hi Daavid
Yes I do like them .I have a very large round on and a few triangle ones . The best for me is the double sponge that sticks on the side.
Fisheyes( :o)
Ps. I pushed my luck wit that many fish in one tank .Nit and amonia were creeping up so went out and bought a auqa 300 for added protection .
Things will be better tomorow when Dwayne takes his ten out of the tank.

04-12-2003, 08:56 PM
David

Those sponge filters..IMO... are the BEST on the market. Ive got dozens of them. They move water at a huge rate, the sponges slide on and off easily. The suction cups are the best...some of mine are 6 or 7 years old (maybe older) and they NEVER harden or lose thier "suck" ;)

Tony

They're manufactured by Huey Hung Aquarium Equip.

04-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Huey Hung??? there's a joke in there somewhere ;D ::)

they're the same ones that aqua-cave guy has on his site aren't they?? wazoo, or azoo?? something like that?

04-12-2003, 09:11 PM
LMAO...Nope...no joke ;D

Heres the link: http://www.hueyhung.com.tw/ewh.html

The biggest difference would be the suction cups...these guys are the ONLY ones who seem to "get it right".

Tony

04-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Tony,
did you order direct from them? or were you able to find one of their "agents of the overworld" nearby?? :D

Fisheyes, btw, I apologize for "walking all over your thread"--sorry :-[

Rod
04-13-2003, 05:15 AM
Hi Fisheyes

Those baby snakeskin Dwayne gave you sure look sweet, very nice shape and looks like some nice colors developing.

Regarding those sponge filters, they do work very well but even better if the inner pipe is removed ,that is the one with the spout on the top where the air and water is discharged. At high flow rates that pipe causes some cavitation and reduced water flow which is eliminated by removing the pipe. Worth an experiment anyway ;D

Rod

Fisheyes
04-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanks Rod
Will take your advice and give it a try .I have had some concerns about slow running air streams on a couple other that I have. I thought my air supply was running to slow and when I cranked it up it made little differance.
Fisheyes :o

dshopper
04-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Hi Ken

Great Weekend

- Gold metal in my hockey tournament.

- 10 golden dragons now swimming in my tank

- Made a new friend in Calgary - Thanks Ken

I made it home about 11:00 and the fish were all happy and upright. Quick check this a.m. and all looks well. I will post some pictures of Ken's fish tonight.

Dwayne

dshopper
04-17-2003, 03:04 AM
Well as promised here are some pictures of the golden dragons - SORRY it took so long. enjoy this group shot.

Dwayne

dshopper
04-17-2003, 03:11 AM
single fish

dshopper
04-17-2003, 03:22 AM
one more group shot