PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon??

lovdiscus
04-14-2003, 09:08 AM
Ok....this is weird and I wish I would have taken a before and after pic...I purchased two Discus from an auction..two F1 Alencara's (cant spell it). They are very light colored (lt orange/tan)....
They were in the quarantine tank for the alloted time. Then, as one other tank was a bit overcrowded...I moved a smaller one in with the Alencaras.
This fish was a red turk about 2 inches. Very good color, not stressed or anything.....eating well.
Well, I moved him in with the new ones....and he turned exactly the same color as the alencaras.......exactly!! Except he kept his pattern which showed up white.
What do you all make of this??

He is still eating well and became the "leader" in the pecking order (he is smaller than the others).

Oh, the water came from his original tank.....I used 50% to start the new tank......so it cant be a water thing....

Has anyone else seen this before?
It really freaked me out. This was not just a slight color change....this was extreme.

He now matches the same hue as the others.

Same lighting, same everything.

I almost want to put him back with the others and take a pic....and do it again....but dont want to stress him out.

Donna

lovdiscus
04-14-2003, 09:12 AM
The larger one has kinda has a pointy snout in this pic.....doesnt he? Is this bad quality? I am open to criticism. No problem there.....wont offend me at all.
Maybe this is why he was at an auction....lol. He has pretty coloring though.

lovdiscus
04-14-2003, 09:13 AM
a third pic..