PDA

View Full Version : In Chicago: bulk CBW order?

Harriett
04-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Hey! Here in balmy Chicago (today at least) Tyra Cooper and I are interested in ordering CBW from Dan at Aquatic foods--Jeff's on the south side has them and they're great but pricey for me and an hour away. I live on the north side and am looking for 2-3 more folks to go in on it in order to get to the 10 pound level with the $8/lb pricetag attached. Anyone interested? What we are trying to do is get a few folks that want to order regularly so we can buy at a reasonable price on an ongoing schedule. I'm also interested in their Hikari frozen bloodworms at $6.50/lb. slab. Any interest? IM me back! Thanks.
Harriett in Evanston

RandalB
04-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Harriet,

I can do much better than that on Frozen food w/ no shipping.

You and Tyra (and any other Chicago dweller) can IM for details.

I'm thinking a group order on Frozen....

RandalB

rich
04-15-2003, 08:30 AM
I am expecting a 5 lb order of CBW today. I would be interested in joining a group order in the future. I am at 4000N near the lake (Lakeview).

Rich

rich
04-15-2003, 08:33 AM
I looked at his pricelist. A 10 lb order will run you $11.50 per lb plus about $7 packing charge. Who quoted you the $8/lb for a 10 lb order?

R.

rich
04-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Oooops. I spoke to soon. Now I see where it goes for $8/lb. Sorry about that.

Rich

tyrancooper
04-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Rich

I have not spoken to Harriet yet today, but I'm still looking to be a part of a "cbw purchasing group". I live in Hyde Park, close to the Museum of Science and Industry. I'll try to get in touch with her and see what she says.

Tyra

RandalB
04-15-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi all,
Anyone in Chi town looking for Hikari Bloodworms and Brine shrimp let me know, I have a local source, $7.00 per pound No minimum order, No shipping charges. Local pickup from my place on the Southwest side. I will be doing a large order so anyone in need let me know and I'll be happy to add you in.

For comparison, I've been paying $3.99 for a 4oz flat from petsmart.....

Can't do much on the CBW's unfortunately...

RandalB