PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate storage tank...

Tristanyyz
04-15-2003, 10:54 PM
On Storage/Reservoirs... ;D

I found it hilarious that several people bought the same Rubbermaid 50 gallon container as I did, and found that it warped severely when filled with water.

I found a solution. The container is 27"H x 28"L x 21W, 55 gallons, made from very strong plastic that is transluscent, so you can see how full it is, without closing the lid. The lid itself is secured with two black handles that "snap" lock the lid in place. Myself i have drilled holes in the lid as to allow room for heater, pump, and power head cords. And get this, its on wheels...you can move it back and fourth on its wheels if you are on hardwood, above this it keeps the container off the floor so all the heat doesnt get absorbed by your floor.

Its marketed as Storage Solutions, I bought mine here in Canada at Canadian Tire, a big hardware chain here. Its made by...

Gracious Living Industries
Woodbridge Ontario L4L 9J3
Made in Canada

Thought I would spread the word of this find...i bought two myself $32CAD. :fish: :fish: :fish: :idea2:

brewmaster15
04-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Great Idea!

another solution... I also have a 45 gal water storage bin for my RO water... I reinforced the rim with 12 gauge copper electrical wire.

-al

Tristanyyz
04-16-2003, 09:01 PM
The tanks are great....they were working full capacity today, as i filled my new 150 gallon :bandana:

04-17-2003, 02:26 AM
I bought that same roller tank on wheels from canadian tire when i needed one. Doesnt work for crap on my carpets though, i just put down a piece of plywood to roll it in and out of a cubby hole it sits in.

Theres a place here in Edmonton called Zeebest plastics, ive bought 5 water tanks from them for various uses, 2 for the fish :) tanks are overbuilt for their capacity (20 imp gallon barrel was 35 bucks including a ball valve) but they are nice and tough, plus you can get them with sealed or removeable lids, or drilled and fitted with hose adapters and ball valves when you get them. Nice and easy and i just gotta point the hose where i want it for the two i have about 5 feet off the floor for wc's

They had a cool lookin water tank, like a kiddy pool that holds about 120-150 gallons, never asked for a price but looked like it could make a cool growout tank. Maybe get inventive and cut a couple peices out and silicone some glass on the sides to see what the fish look like from the side instead of top only ;)

ronrca
04-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Where is Zeebest Plastics? If and when I get my fishroom downstairs, I will be needing a huge storage tank!

04-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Just north of the Muni Airport, take 121st street off yellowhead and follow the road. Its the turn after the train station, take a left and your in their parking lot, gotta look close they dont have a huge sign.

I got a 75 gallon (all their stuff is imperial gallons btw) holding barrel for my RO water with a ball valve on it for 125 bucks i think. My uncle got a 350 gallon truck bed tank for hauling drinking water out to his farm from them. Nice strong thick plastic. They'll even weld holes and seal them up if you get a little too excited with a drill bit, not that id know anything about that ;)

They custom make helicopter/transport/construction site tanks, haha and by the order desk they have a molded plastic "Potty". Use them in Jasper Park i think, funny little things, go have a sit and a think in the open air even has rails that protect you from prying eyes ;D

ronrca
04-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Hmmmm! 75G storage for $125! Tad expensive! I have a 50G barrel for $20!

If you look in the bargain finder under sepic/storage tanks, you can find some huge storage tanks for a pretty good bargain (well, hence bargain finder)! LOL! ;)

keith_cny
04-18-2003, 11:00 AM
Tristan,
Can you post a picture of the holding tank and your WC setup??

Thanks,

Keith

Tristanyyz
04-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Its on the agenda...as soon as i get my digital camera.

In the next couple weeks. ;D

jake
04-19-2003, 01:52 AM
You can get heavy plastic horse watering tanks at most livestock supply places in the US for around US $ 80 for a 100 gal size, and around $130 for a 150, these are oblong, have drain holes at the bottom, about a meter high and 1.5 m long, make good sumps/reservoirs etc, around20" wide I think, might be wider.

Occasionally you can find heavy 'rubbermaid type' trassh cans and these are great for aging tap water, conditioning with peat etc.