PDA

View Full Version : golden pearls

shamsoo
04-16-2003, 03:30 PM
did anyone tried golden pearl 300-500 micron size (it is an alternate to bbs from brineshrimpdirect.com) today I tried a pinch to one month old fry but they ignored it and stayed hungry until fed bbs.

Aquatic_Design
04-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Hi Shamsoo,
I have used them on angelfish fry and they did well on it. I have just started using them with my 8 day old discus fry. I mix it with a little water and let set for about 5 minutes prior to feeding. I then just pour it over the area the parents are hanging out in. The fry did start to eat a little of it and some of it stuck to the parents slimecoat and the babies ate that as well.
HTH
Donna :)

Jason
04-16-2003, 06:43 PM
great idea donna :thumbsup:

I tried most of the stuff out there nobbs, golden pearl, cyclop-eeze, aquaculture feeds etc. because I work long hours and can't feed my fry properly, they all have a place and are fairly good, just none of them will replace bbs but as a suppliment or alternate feed they are fine.

Just watch your glass doesn't get too slimy with the higher-protein stuff

brewmaster15
04-16-2003, 08:43 PM
I tried them and was not too impressed...or I should say ...my fry weren't! :)

I also tried the non-hatching brine shrimp Decaps... they were okay for older fry... not taken well though by young.

I really like the cyclops-eez.. expensive but my fry really like it.

Don't laugh but the next best thing I have found to live BBS is a 30-30-40 mix of Tetra bits, Hikari Discus red, and a quality flake thats has been powdered in a coffee grinder. My fry love it .

hth,
al