PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish Forum

Discusgeo
04-19-2003, 07:10 PM
In case not everyone knows but Ryan opened up an Angelfish forum. Here's the link if your interested.
George
http://www.simplyangelfish.com/forum/

dm
05-07-2003, 08:24 AM
It is nice over there but I don't think antone knows abour it. It is like a ghost town. When is there going to be an official announcement? Brew. Ryan? I would really like to see more people over there.

brewmaster15
05-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Its still being worked on. We've been focused this past month here, but I am sure things will start moving there soon.

-al

Smokey
05-08-2003, 02:36 AM
yup, it is slowly starting to get noticed !
I have even done some posting.

Ryan
05-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Promoting a new website to search engines takes time. SimplyDiscus was promoted almost entirely by word of mouth in the first several months we were here, but eventually we found our way into directories and databases and people started coming in from those places.

The SimplyCichlids site was submitted about a month ago to the various search engines and so those search engines are probably just beginning to reflect the changes and show updates. A lot of search engines used to have an automated way of managing new entries, but many of them now are manually screened by an actual person, so the process is much more time-consuming.

The Angelfish site has not been submitted to search engines yet because I'm waiting on the Cichlids site to be added. One at a time :) But, there's nothing wrong with getting a core group of posters together to start conversation at a forum. This makes it easier for newcomers to jump right into the site and enjoy it from Day 1. Same thing we did here at SimplyDiscus and also at the Cichlids site before it opened.

Ryan