PDA

View Full Version : black circle?

ReeferKimberly
04-22-2003, 04:44 AM
i have a sick fishie. he has always been a bit on the small side but i noticed he seems to be getting bloated and now today he has a new black dot.....about this size - o - (the size of the letter o). i have seen this on dead and dying fish b4. what is it?
i am treating him with epsom salt at the moment. should i boot up the heat or will that not do anything?
thanks guys,
kimberly :-*

Carol_Roberts
04-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Epsom salt will cure contipation, but won't help with anything external. Could the black o be pigment or do you think it is a bruise or parasite?

ReeferKimberly
04-22-2003, 10:51 PM
well today the fish looks much better. b4, he was swimming on his side and had clenched fins, and today he is a little slow but a lot more normal looking. he is a juvinile blue diamond so i don't think its a pigment thing. i also don't think it could be a bruise b/c it is such a perfect shape. i was thinking more along the lines of a parasite of some sort but i don't know what it is. i have seen this b4 on two other blue diamonds. one had it when he was sickly (with i don't know what) but eventually got better. the other had already died (a victim of my lack of knowledge when i first started out) and i noticed it b4 i flushed it. it usually only occurs around the stomach area where the fish appears to be bloated. that's why i thought it might have something to do with the constipation. i have never seen this on a fish other then bds, i seem to have bad luck with this strain.
weird...
thanks,
kimberly :-*