PDA

View Full Version : MAGNUM BIT DUST OR DID IT??

DISCUSDADDYSLC
04-22-2003, 11:43 PM
350 DELUXE ANY HELP TO ME WILL BE AAAAAAWWWW HELPFULL YA THAT SORRY KIND OF FRAZZZZELED TRYING TO GET IT TO PRIME SURE SOUNDS LIKE EVERYTHING SHOULD GO. tia DDLSC

brewmaster15
04-22-2003, 11:48 PM
have you tried to manually turn the impellar? open the cannister, fill with water 1/4 of the way and and while open, turn it on. is the impeller moving?
They sometimes get gummed up.

when the unit is closed...leave about 25% air space in the cannister.
Run for a few minutes , and shut off. The air should be expelled out of the system, and then turn it back on.

hth,
al

DISCUSDADDYSLC
04-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Will try thanx Brew.

DISCUSDADDYSLC
04-23-2003, 01:44 AM
no luck going to drop kick tommorrow, I GIVE.

Richman
05-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Thought I would pull this back up just in case you haven't trashed the filter yet. Don't know how I missed this post before. Priming a Magnum is easy. Make sure everything is assembled and hooked up to the tank just as you want it to run. Canister doesn't have to have any water in it. Then shut off both sides of the quick disconnect on the OUTLET side and separate the hose there. Submerge the loose section of outlet hose in the tank, open the valve, and let it completely fill with water--expelling all air. Then (with it still submerged) close the valve on the submerged section. Pull that end out of the water and reconnect it at the quick connect. (Make sure that the section is still full of water.) When it is connected, open all valves and the water will siphon down into the hose, fill the canister, and expell all air out the inlet side. (Make sure those valves are open).

If it fails to run because the impeller rattles around and does not pump water, you are probably missing a part. There is a large flat rubber washer which fits on top of the filter inside the canister. If this washer is missing, it lets the filter float up slightly and the impeller may not work properly. It will work till the canister gets over half full and then start to rattle. The filter has floated up. The purpose of the washer is to keep everything pressed down tight so it works effectively. I have several Magnums and use them from time to time. I just cut washers from a 1/4 inch of foam and they work fine. No use to buy one. HTH