PDA

View Full Version : After Maracyn treatment?

keith_cny
04-26-2003, 11:39 PM
I just finished a 5 day Maracyn treatment.

Can anyone tell me whether I need to perform several large wc's or run a filter with carbon before I can start a different treatment such a "Quickcure" or "Formalin"???

Thanks,

Keith

Fisheyes
04-27-2003, 12:39 AM
I would

discus_nw
04-27-2003, 04:47 PM
I am not sure of the active ingredients in Quickcure. Isn't it Malachite green and formalin?

If so, why treat with this after Maracyn. Isn't Marycyn's main ingredient Malachite Green?

What are you treating for anyway? What symptoms are you seeing? :)

keith_cny
04-27-2003, 11:15 PM
Your right about the QuickCure...It's Mg and Formalin. The Maracyn however is an antibiotic (erythromycin). I was treating for a bacterial infection. Fish is doing a little darting. I was just thinking to follow the Maracyn with five days of the QuickCure for an hopefully easy (and accurate) precautionary fluke treatment.

Thanks,

Keith

discus_nw
04-28-2003, 12:16 AM
It must be Maracide I was thinking of then. Real clever of Mardel to call everything a mar something or other to keep everyone, well, me at least, confused.

Okay, that having been straightened out, I see your line of thinking.

Formalin and antibiotics can be used together as can formalin and malachite green. Malachite green and formalin work better together as a treatment than using both singlely in separate concecutive treatments. Get your concentrations correct if you do this. If you bought a product already mixed, that'll be good.