PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Breeding question

YZFR1rider
04-27-2003, 11:52 AM
Ok I have a pair that have be laying eggs for about 6 weeks and they just keep disappearing and I can never catch them eating them which that must be what they are doing But the thing is they are always guarding the spawning site like one will keep watch while the other is over by the eggs always with his/her mouth by them really close and Ihave no idea what they are doing when they do that. All my tank specs are ok but will the eggs hatch at about 86 degrees? Any info on the lingo associated with breeding and the process they go through when they pair up and breed would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Carol_Roberts
04-27-2003, 01:02 PM
You can lower your water to 82/84. They are fanning the eggs. It must have taken my male 20 + times to get it right. How hard is your water?

discus_nw
04-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Your eggs will hatch at 86F, but as stated by Carol, 82-84 works, too. I would screen the eggs. This doesn't always work, but it may help.

April
04-27-2003, 05:47 PM
id screen them with gutter guard.then you can see if their fertile off. after 24 hours if they dont go white.you should see a dark spot inside them. young males sometimes arent fertile right away. then you can see if you can get wigglers.they should get further each time.