PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Are my water parameters ok?

remikz
04-28-2003, 01:48 PM
In work today I completley tested my water to see if you thought it was ok for my Discus.

-----------------------------

Tank Capacity - Juwel Rio 240

240l
63 US Gal
53 Imp Gal

------------------------------

Temp 29-30°C

------------------------------

Ph 6.8
Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 0ppm
Gh - 0 - 50ppm
kH - 0 - 50PPM

-------------------------------

I do about 20% w/c daily or if i miss a day then I do 50% the next day.

I'm using 2 external Canister filters (Eheim Wet-Dry thermofilter & Fluval 204)

I use De-Chlorinated water straight from my tap and add Seachem 'Discus Trace' trace elements to my water every w/c. Are these suitable conditions for Discus?

--Ian

ronrca
04-28-2003, 06:44 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-\ :-\ :-\ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :( :( :( :( :(
Is this your tap water parameters? I can only dream of having your water parameters! They are perfect!

remikz
04-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Really? Yes, this water is straight out of my tap. I started keeping discus because I remember testing my water a long time ago and it being completely soft.

This is the first time since then that I did a full test on my tank water and these were the results... Phew!! Thank god the water board didn't change anything (touch wood).

The reason I asked if my parameters are ok is because I am using tap water... are there no other additives (apart from chlorine) that could be bad for the fish that I should remove?

--Ian

keith_cny
04-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Ian,
Did you test water "directly" from your tap?? If so, age some ..and test again..Also test the water which is already in your tank. See if they are the same or how close. Mine is 6.8 out of tap and 7.6 both aged and out of tank.

HTH

Keith