PDA

View Full Version : Am I forgeting something?

sgt95b
04-29-2003, 08:09 PM
I just recieved three new discus from my lfs. Two were solid cobalt and the other was labeled red turq x red snakeskin. I have them in a 20g long for QT. I'm using an AC200 with two sponges for filtration. Have given them a formalin bath for about an hour,moved them to the qt tank, added one tblspn of salt per ten gallons, and have the heat set at 90f. My ph is 7.4, 0 ammonia, nitrate, or nitrite. I think I've done every thing but have this sneaky feeling that I forgot something.
Any thoughts? thanks.

Ryan
04-29-2003, 08:55 PM
I'd give them time to settle in before feeding them -- maybe tomorrow morning. Discus seem hungriest in the morning (or at least mine are). If they're shy/skittish, leave the lights off in the quarantine tank. Remember to relax and breathe ;D

Also, there should always be some small trace of nitrate in your tank if your filters are cycled and processing ammonia/nitrite. How did you cycle the AC200? Fishless cycle with household ammonia? If you didn't cycle the sponges, you'll need to watch your ammonia and nitrite closely over the next few weeks.

Ryan

sgt95b
04-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Today is actually day 2. Sorry I forgot to mention that. The two sold cobalts began to take live brine shrimp this evening after my first post. The red turq x ss is still sulking but is aleast showing some interest.

Didn't mean to post no nitrates, I was in a hurry. The wife was yelling that I had something more important to do but I can't figure any thing that important. LOL ;D