PDA

View Full Version : does jv of solid colur discus have stress bar?

skoda
04-30-2003, 11:02 AM
just bought some jv of san merah x brown. but the jv discus show the faint body stress bar with more pronouced first bar at the eye. the breeder said they are 2nd grade san merah.

i remember soild colour discus (such as blue diamond, golden, san merah...etc) will not have stress bar even at jv stage, am i right? ???

i appreciate anyone's input.

April
04-30-2003, 09:56 PM
mine did...but they still have slight ones. but the red does cover over more as older.
but i also heard with each generation more and more fry in the batch have stress bars. which are called red rose.
still very nice fish as far as im concerned..
the bars on mine werent very dark or solid bars. kinda a lighter bar. just reread your post. if their sanmarah x brown..your bound to get bars. sound like they will be nice fish though.

skoda
05-03-2003, 12:50 AM
yes they are very nice fish indeed although there are black bars. i hope the colour will turn up like san merah cos i really like that unique colour. i will take photo and monitor and see their changes at different stages.

cheers

discus_nw
05-07-2003, 02:35 AM
All discus have stress bars. They just aren't visible on all discus. Look at any baby discus whose parents show no stress bars as adults, and you will see them. This is true no matter if it is a San Merah, Marlboro Red, yellows from brown discus, or any PB variety. I have seen them on my discus. I have never bred any Blue or Green Diamonds, but assume they, too, can be seen on the young fish. ;)

skoda
05-07-2003, 06:31 AM
thks all,

this is the 2nd grade san merah jv i am talking abt, they are abt 2".

shootingstar
05-09-2003, 11:15 AM
I bought my 2 san merah at 2inches also but I did see any stress bar like that and also the they already showed little bit of red on the stomach area.

nicholas76
06-08-2004, 02:50 AM
At least with a brown ancestory you wont get peppering ( well I dont think you should )

The bars are expected , hopefully they arent prominant,

NIce fish however!!!

dalelad
07-24-2004, 01:27 PM
the san merah is developed from the brown discus. their off-springs will definitely show stress bars, unless it has been out-crossed to other fishes.

the blue diamond is a fixed strain, and it does not carry stress bars. any throw-backs of any blue diamond spawn would really be a cobalt, and they show stress bars.

goldens do show stress bars.

pigeons do NOT show stress bars.
but at early-juvenile stage, the pigeons do show stress bars.

a golden which doesn't show stress bars even when its stressed.. might not be a pure golden. it might have been out-crossed to a pigeon.