PDA

View Full Version : scale loss

jesser
05-01-2003, 10:11 AM
hey everyone i seem to be having a problem with my breeders they have some scales coming off or at leasdt i dont see them falling off or nothing not even fighting or crazy swimming but they look injured and/or just unhealthy. water parameters are ph 7.2, ppms 80, temp 84 please help me guys send me some input.

thanks i'm out jesser

Fisheyes
05-01-2003, 10:44 PM
I just seen the same thing your talking about with a friends pair . He said it was cause from leaving the fry with the parents to long
Fisheyes :o

jesser
05-03-2003, 11:06 AM
i have yet to see these two get to the fry stage. so no thats not it anyone else please,
thanks fisheyes

Carol_Roberts
05-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Generally when I see scale loss (scales on the bottom of the tank) it's from netting, fighting or dashing into the walls. If you are not seeing scales on bottom of tank, but empty patches on skin you may have a parasite AND/OR a bacterial problem. any scratching/flashing?

jesser
05-05-2003, 02:16 PM
hi carol,
no i dont really see them dash around but it is possible. is there any thing i can try to make them better

Carol_Roberts
05-06-2003, 12:22 AM
I know I sound like a broken record, but extra water changes and salt is what I would do for now.

jesser
05-06-2003, 08:41 PM
okay carol i will try and put a siphon hose more often because right now i have a timed water change that just overflows, it doesnt do too well on the cleanup. i'll try.