PDA

View Full Version : Beefheart where to get?

ralf
05-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Beefheart where to get?

Ok we decided to make our own Beefheart mix.
btw. thanks or all the great recipes in this forum!!!

But where do you all by the beefhearts???

jim_shedden
05-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Hi Ralf............I am not sure where you live but in Canada I just go yo the grocery store and pick it up. Its usually very easy to obtain unless you have a pile of discus nuts in your area.

Jim

ralf
05-01-2003, 11:42 PM
Sorry forgot

Cincinnati
Ohio

Darren
05-02-2003, 08:26 AM
None of the grocery stores near me regularly stock it. I just have to special order it. If you can't find it out, ask the butcher at your local supermarket.

GWdiscus
05-02-2003, 09:20 AM
Hey Ralf,
I'm just a little over an hour north from you on the west side of Columbus. I get my beefheart from a butchers shop. There are a number of them in the area, and I'm sure there are some around Cinncinati. Call first, the place I get mine from brings them in on Tuesdays and they don't last long.

Dcrewchief
05-05-2003, 10:12 PM
hello ralf. i'm just north of you in middletown. good to see others in the buckeye state enjoying their discus. as far as beefheart, i get mine prepackaged at Jacks aquarium. i always get the packages that are cubed because they are portioned pretty good for feeding small quantities of discus. are there any breeders in the close vicinity to us that i could check into? the closest i have found so far that i trust is in the west side of columbus. if you know of any i can be emailed at (donaldf@cinci.rr.com)

Dcrewchief
05-05-2003, 10:16 PM
hey GMW i deal with a breeder up in youre neck of the woods. as i told ralf good to see others in the buckeye enjoying their discus.

flogger426
05-05-2003, 10:54 PM
ralf,

ralf,

check all the local supermarkets in your area, someone's bound to have it. you need to check in the fresh meat section, its usually with the organ meats.

some people eat the hearts and people who are into fishing use it as bait.

if this fails go to a local butcher - they will be able to get it.

good luck, john

RyanH
06-10-2003, 03:00 PM
I bought heart at my local Wal-Mart recently and it was already sliced, trimmed, and de-veined!!! All for about 2 bucks.

For being an evil corporate empire, Wal-Mart rocks!!! ;D

Richman
06-10-2003, 10:57 PM
Hmmmmm....... I was just thinking.

Remember several years back when they were finding cattle dead in the fields all mutilated with some organs removed. The theory was that the culprits may have been some sort of strange cult.

Wondering if that was just a bunch of enthusiastic discus keepers. ;D ;D ;D