PDA

View Full Version : what is Dronsit?

Qbal18
05-02-2003, 12:51 AM
i was talking to my lfs about my discus and they suggested to use dronset to deworm then, and they had not herd of prazzi being used in a long time well i know prazzi is used quite commonly on among everyone here however i have to mail away for it. I can get dronset from a local pharmacy that sell meds for animals without prascription, i was also told i can get metro and many other meds from the same place. can i use this for deworming? i suspest i have one that has a worm becasue its belly is all concaved in however its feces are all normal and it is eating.

brewmaster15
05-02-2003, 01:04 AM
Droncit= praziquantel= Prazi :) yes you can use it!

hth,
-al

more info....http://www.medi-vet.com/info/droncit_dog.asp

Qbal18
05-02-2003, 01:09 AM
thank you that will be much easer then getting it via mail from the states. i will get it tomarow and then hopefully someone here will know how much to use after i find out how stron it exactly is.

Qbal18
05-09-2003, 09:49 PM
i gan get dronsit 50mg tablets for 10$ seems like a bit much. but how much do i need to treat every 10g of water. also i was told there was something called drontal Each tablet contains 18.2 mg praziquantel and 72.6 mg pyrantel base as pyrantel pamoate. will this harm the fish or be ok i was told it dose more then dronsit. it is $3

brewmaster15
05-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Bath.... 100mg/10 gal (1/4 tsp/20 gal)
allow meds to remain in the tank for 48 hours. Mechanical filter may be running- no carbon or other chemical media. On the third day begin daily water changes of 10 to 30% for the next 5 days. On the 7th day repeat the entire process. On day 14 a third treatment may begin. This would be prudent for tanks with gravel substrate , and no undergravel filter..
Fast bath.... 1/2 tsp /10 gal prazi to a small medical tank. Insert affected fish for 2.5 hours
Food.... Mix 1/2 tsp prazi to 1/4lb food. Typically used is beefheart or beefliver ground in a blender and frozen for future use. 2-3 feedings every other day should be sufficient.

suggestion...
email Barry billman@citynet.net he can ship it to you from the states I believe. its going cost you alot more if you buy it at those prices...
example

55 gal tank.. would take 550 mg X 2 -3 treatments. You could buy Grams for what you are paying for the Mgs.

hth,
al

brewmaster15
05-09-2003, 10:19 PM
also...72.6 mg pyrantel base as pyrantel pamoate some have had probelms with this component.

-al

Qbal18
05-09-2003, 10:27 PM
ok i think i wil e-mail him and get some but for now i can get 100mg for $10 acually so i can treat the 2 in a 10g tank while i am waiting to get the stuff from him. thakx