PDA

View Full Version : Lazer light

Laynie
05-02-2003, 04:40 PM
I was in a fish store today, and I saw a box there called: Miracle Beam Aquarium Laser system. It claims to help clean the water, help the fish grow stronger, and healthier.

Iwas just wondering if it's true or a not???? Thanks....

Slim

ronrca
05-02-2003, 05:02 PM
Well......I know UV sterilizers keep water clean in a certain manner! Clean water=health fish!

Did it maybe mention 'less water changes'? I love that phrase.

However, I dont see anything that does mention cleaner water from searching on the internet! Do you have a link perhaps for it? Maybe Im looking at the wrong one! ;)

O! I found it!
http://www.fishybits.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Miracle_Beam_Lights_137.html#a114 4

It does say enchance color, life span, disease resistance and growth of fish! LOL! Pretty strony light imo!

Laynie
05-02-2003, 05:17 PM
So you think it's bull???

ronrca
05-02-2003, 05:27 PM
LOL! Pretty much sums it up! Like I mentioned, the only light that I know of that will keep water 'clean' (from bacteria/disease/parasites) is a ultraviolet sterilizer. This is not a UV sterilizer!

Fish_Fin-atic
05-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I saw those in Big Al's one day. Got a good laugh out of it. I guess some people will spend money on stuff like that, but in the end, it will prove to be just another money grab. I work with LASERS all day long, and I don't see my colour or longevity improving one bit! ;D If anything, I'd be worried that it might damage a fish's vision. Since fish have no eyelids, a direct shot at close range right into their eye could possibley damage their vision - perhaps permanently.
Paul.

Laynie
05-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Thanks, It's so easy to fall prey over something like that!!!

It's nice to know their is a site like this to get my questions answered....

Smokey
05-05-2003, 08:41 AM
ahh, get one of those air-operated skelatons. Great action figure ''And'' adds the mircale growth molecule; ''OXYGEN'' to the water which will enhance and lenghten the life of your fish . LOL

smokey