PDA

View Full Version : Finally CBW

Tonyintx
05-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Okay I finally ordered my first batch of CBW (Tim you convinced me) but the wife is not too happy when I told here they would need to go in the frig. how did everyone else convince their spouces to let them. please I need help? ;D

Darren
05-06-2003, 11:10 AM
I had to buy another fridg. I now keep my CBW's in it along with my beer and anything else I don't want the wife or kids to eat!!

Tonyintx
05-06-2003, 12:09 PM
I though about it but since money is short these days it might have to wait. but thanks for the advise.

Tim_Ellis
05-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Tony,

Just sneak them in behind the left overs. ;D Well that only works for a little while. ::) But, since you let the cat out of the bag, I would suggest dinner and a night on the town and then ask. ;) If that doesn't work, hit the classifieds and find a used fridge. Good Luck. Your fish will thank you for it.
......"click".......Asbestos suit secured for any blackworm flames. ::)

Tim

chuck
05-06-2003, 02:53 PM
you can pick up a small compact fridge at home depot for less then $100 and it has a very small freezer on top also for your frozen foods.
they are only about 3' hl x 18'' w
you could also fill up and freeze a gallon jug. put this jug in with the worms, the ice will keep the water cold.

chuck

Darren
05-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Hit the apartment complex's in your town and ask the manager if they have any old ones they are replacing out. I paid $15 US dollars for mine and it works great!!

Darren

BlueTurquoise
05-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Alternatively, you can compromise with your wife. How I did it was to put on a shelf that seldom has anything on it, and I put a lid on my worm container. THe lid has many holes drilled in the center and contrary to popular believe, this works!

Good luck, black worms are a great food for your fish!

Chong

ari_wh
05-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Well.... you can't possibly convince me to let worms going into my fridge. I tolerate frozen fishfood.... that is all. So, when we know we are having a baby.... we bought a new bigger fridge in anticipation for those baby food that we have to freeze....

So, Scott has his own beer fridge now and he can keep all the worms and other yucky stuff in his own fridge.... No more arguments :).

Chong,
There is no way.... there is an empty shelf in my fridge.....

Regards, Ari :)

discus_nw
05-07-2003, 02:25 AM
I know a guy who used to keep them in the tank of his toilet. Everytime it flushed, the worms got rinsed. Clever idea, no? ;D True story.

brewmaster15
05-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Lol Mat!

The "not so silent" Minority strikes again! :)

-al

discus_nw
05-07-2003, 10:39 AM
That's a true story, Al. The guy raised angelfish in his garage. He'd hang a net bag on the back of the tank and suspended it about 3/4's of the way down into the tank. Flush and rinse. ;D

Fisheyes
05-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Sounds ok to me .when I use to be on the road and in hotels thats where I put my beer .

Fisheyes( :crazy:

Bruce
05-30-2003, 01:04 AM
Small styrofoam or plastic ice box would work fine. Fill with about 1/2"of cold water at the bottom, place small frozen bottles of water in it. The worms can be placed in something like a sour cream or margarine container (no lid, or large hole in the center of lid). You can place the ice box close to the tank, but you still should clean the worms before you feed them.

Tonyintx
05-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Good news the wife bought me an early b-day present and it was a small fridge for the garage so we both won on this deal. thanks for all the great advise everyone.... thanks again. ;)

Smokey
06-01-2003, 05:41 AM
NOW ... is this great supper - table - talk ; or WHAT !!!

[EH, honey; could you remove your tuna casarole from the fridge. I need the space for some live worms.].

Tonyintx
06-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Hahaha ;D ;D

RAWesolowski
06-10-2003, 12:25 AM
If your bride allows to keep the CBW in the fridge be very carefull... I accidentally tipped the container. The little buggers foiund every little crevice in the box!

Thankfully, my bride wasn't home. I stripped the refrigerator. Cleaned everything with water and bleach. Put everything back and thought I was home safe...

She came home, opened the fridge, spun around and glared at me. In a very low, mencing voice she said, "You spilled those ^&^&&^& nasty things, didn't you?"

I now have my own fridge.

Smokey
06-10-2003, 03:34 AM
This sounds s better than a " Alfred Hitchock " movie story !!! LMAO.

"INVAISON OF THE CBW's "

--- Do you know where your fridge is ?