PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Baby Fish

reef
05-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Hi, just aquired 8 red ribbon juveniles. Their size is abt 1.5 inches. Bought them from a homebreeder. Anyway I'm from Singapore. Discus keeping is coming back in a frenzy here.Homebreeders are as successful as the farms so hobbyist are getting real bargain. Enuff of the chit-chat, my question is how to feed this guys with other foods when the breeder fed them live tubifex! I tried with BH,tetrabits and Frozen bloodworm. They so far nibble at each food I introduce and not eating as much as they could. B4 this they eat the tubifex like a pig. Already 1 week and situation the same. I had 3 BD juv b4 and now they are 2.5".Had no problem coz already trained to eat anything. Those BD still eating like pigs. Anyway I raise the temp to 32c to whet their appetite but to no avail.

discus_nw
05-07-2003, 12:36 AM
I would just continue feeding the beefheart. In a day or two, they will be gobbling it up. A baby discus will stay hungry only so long before it will start to feed ravenously again.

Carol_Roberts
05-07-2003, 01:27 AM
Yes, feed what you normally feed. Healthy juveniles will rapidly get used to the new foods.

reef
05-07-2003, 02:25 AM
Ok, will do.

likoma
05-07-2003, 02:31 PM
What has been good for me id to start mixing the food they like with the new one. Little by little putting more and new one and less and less the old food. In 10-15 days they are eating the new food

reef
05-13-2003, 03:45 AM
Update. Thks guys, now all are eating tetrabits,Beefheart and Frozen bloodworm. Too bad here in Singapore no LFS brings in CBW, if not might have tried them too. ALL are eating like pigs. Thks again.