PDA

View Full Version : HELP! my discus won't eat anything but blackworms

jeff_cieslak
05-07-2003, 05:30 PM
i have 5 discus one marbrolo red, one rosey red, one blue dimond and 2 candy apple reds all between 2-3" and i can not get them to eat anything but live black worms any help??????

pigeon
05-07-2003, 09:38 PM
i guess you have to starve them for 3 days or longer, by that time whatever you dump into the tank they will eat like pig...hehe

ChienHsu
05-08-2003, 09:03 AM
How often you feed them? I had the same time. Orginally, I fed two to three times a day with blackworms during the med periods (i want to keep them strong; one in the mronning and two at the night). Then, I found them got spoiled and won't eat others (even beefheart/blood worms). What I did was feed blackworms at the morning before I went to work. When I cam home, I dropped some beefheart chunks in the tank and wait for them melt. Then, I try to push all discus to the other side of tank (not the same side you drop the chunks) and drop some blackworms in. Try not let discus eat blackworms until the worms lay down at the button of tank. You may need to keep filter on (normally, I turned off the filter while feeding), it may cheat the discus and make them think that the beefheart is just a big worms. You can try it. and good luck.

Chien