PDA

View Full Version : mysis shrimp?

Fish Freak
05-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey all

I just been really thinking latley I want to try sompthing new and I want my discus to have a variaty of foods all I am feeding now is blood worms flake food and beefheart. I may want to try mysis shrimp but I do not know if it has any nutritional value never used it?

Josh

Fisheyes
05-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey Josh

Min crude protein--69.5%

crude fat-8.35%

crude fiber2.75%

max ash-5.5%

I don't think it gets much better than that.
Expect white feses when using mysis
Fisheyes( :rolleyes:)

05-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Ken

Correct me if Im wrong....but your feeding Piscine Energetics brand? Mysis Relicta?

All other brands Ive tried dont even come close in the protien dept....didnt really matter though, P.E. is the only Mysis my discus will eat anyways!
Spensive though :-\

Tony

Discusgeo
05-11-2003, 08:52 PM
I feed my Discus and Angelfish Mysis from Piscine Energetics. You can contact Patsy through her web site http://www.mysis.com/index1.html
I ordered a case from her and thru Frank at Fish King as he is a reseller also. My Discus and Angels love it and I have grown out some very large fish. Give Patsy a chance and see how you like them. Your Discus will shy away from them at first but go ahead and starve them a day or 2 and they will beging eating it. ALso make sure you rinse them under cold running water because of the oil on them. If you go thru Patsy make sure you ask her for the small ones to feed your fish, but you must also order 19 lbs from her. If I remember correctly they were $3.20 per 8oz package

Fish Freak
05-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Well thanks all next time I get a chance I will pick up some. Any recomendable brands?

Josh

Fish Freak
05-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Hey I was wondering if mysis shrimp makes your water dirty? If so why?

Josh

discusnovice
05-16-2003, 03:49 PM
I have been feeding MYSIS shrimp for a few months now and see no change in the quality or clarity of my water. The fish seem to like them quite well. I also feed Live Calif. Black Worms and frozen blood worms as well as Hakari pellets and Tetra Flakes. I do feed the P.E. brand.

05-16-2003, 03:54 PM
P.E. is the only brand/type I'll use anymore.
Ive never rinsed them before either....just throw it in frozen. Ive never noticed a problem with them being oily.

Tony

ReeferKimberly
05-21-2003, 03:21 AM
mine don't like it at all. im not a huge fan b/c yes, if not eaten, it will like all other dead foods, pollute the water. some fish must like it or it would not sell. those fish just don't happen to be mine.
kimberly :-*