PDA

View Full Version : Wanted discus in the greater CT area

yellow sub
05-14-2003, 05:25 PM
I am looking for some discus to fill an almost empty 75 gallon tank. So if anyone in the area has some fry available please let me know.

Thanks,
Stephen

fcdiscus
05-14-2003, 06:03 PM
Hey Al- this Bud's for you! Frank ;)

yellow sub
05-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Bump,

Still looking for some discus.

Also, anyone out there want to split some mail order?
The cost of shipment will eat too much in my budget but if anyone wants to go in on an order to reduce shiping costs, please let me know.

Thanks,
Stephen

bikhu
05-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi Stephen,
Where in CT do you live? When are you thinking of orderring? I am in Springfield. and would consider sharing shipping costs if ordering from GLD. Sorry I am very picky and have no interest in buying from anyone but Cary. He treats me way too well and has GREAT fish. Drop me a line here private message or email. bikhu@hotmail.com

TKD-MAN
05-22-2003, 01:41 AM
I am in CT too. :)

yellow sub
05-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Bikhu & TDK-man

I am in Farmington, a little west of Hartford.
I would have no problem at all ordering from Cary.
I am looking to get 4 or 5 fish to fill out my 75, right now there are just 2 lonely PB swiming around.

If you want to go in on an order, let me know.
My email address is sparent@haslerinc.com

Stephen

brewmaster15
05-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Sorry Guys, no fry here just yet.
:'(
-al

hey by the way... have you seen this in the bargain news...

400 gallon tank set up, stand, hood, lighting, gravel, heaters, plants, beautiful, solid piece, $1500 OBO. Naugatuck

wow!!!

yellow sub
05-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Al,

Thanks for the reply. Please keep me updated when you have some fry, I'd be interested ;D

400 gallon tank, now that would be a nice set up! 8)
But I think my wife would make me sleep in it...

Stephen

brewmaster15
05-22-2003, 04:55 PM
Hey I don't know if guys are interested but I planning on putting together a bulk food order for frozen foods in CT. keep an eye out for the post. I'll be placing the order with Jeff at Discusfarm

http://www.discusfarm.us/

Hikari blood worms, san fran bays prods, and formula one. I have an order coming in for myself next week, and then Ill start working on ordering a big shipment for CT, and bordering areas..

If you are interested let me know.

-al

dean500
05-23-2003, 10:32 AM
I called the number supplied in the add for that 400 gal. tank for $1500 and the phone number is wrong. I see they went down in the price as last time I saw it, the price was over $2000. They went down on the price as they are obviously not getting any phone calls getting through for it.

brewmaster15
05-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Hi Dean!
Welcome to simply! Another CT Discus nut? At this rate we'll have enough Discus people to start a CTdiscus Club.
How long have you been on the site?

-al

henryD
05-23-2003, 11:06 AM
I live in New Hampshire but I would be in on the frozen food order. Let me know.

yellow sub
05-23-2003, 11:34 AM
Al,

keep me updated and I will look out for the post.
I will definitly get some blood worms and mysid shrimp. Whats the formula one, is that flake or frozen?

Stephen

brewmaster15
05-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi stephen,
It comes as both. For mysids... not sure if he carries the Mysis relicta.. but he probably can get the hikari brand, Make a list of anything you are interested in. I'm sure we can put to gether abulk order that will save us some cash, If its some thing Jeff can't get, I have other sources :)

-al

dean500
05-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Hi Al,
Yes another Ct. discus nut!! I live up in the NE corner of the state. I used to have discus many years ago, but just recently got back into it and signed up on this site a month or so ago. I bought some discus from Cary recently and have a 180 and a 75 gallon. That 400 would have been a nice addition!! Dean