PDA

View Full Version : not eating!

DavidH
05-16-2003, 07:37 PM
I have picked up a couple of BD adults. Had them for about two weeks and they just refuse to eat. Purchased other fish at the same time and they are doing fine.
I have tried color bits, cbw's and live brine. They just ignore all food. Look great, don't show any signs of disease.
I have the temp at 86 and pH around 6.6, tds 40.
No ammonia or nitrites.
Any suggestions.

Thx Dave

Carol_Roberts
05-16-2003, 11:13 PM
You've had them 2 weeks andn they won't even eta blackworms? Time to turn the heat up and get the metro out . . .

DavidH
05-17-2003, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry Carol, I haven't had them 2 wks. I just got them yesterday. The girl that I got them from said they had not eaten since she got them 2wks ago. They just don't seem to be sick, they come to the front of the tank. Color is great.
The girl said the rest of her fish are fine.
Guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
I have Di-Metro, does anyone know how to dose this stuff, it's real granular and I know I can't use it like metro, 1/4 tsp per 10 gals. It's much heavier.
Any help

Thx Dave

afick1975
05-17-2003, 07:42 AM
I agree with Carol.

Andre

CARY_GLdiscus
05-17-2003, 12:09 PM
NO MEDS! NO MEDS!

Big Discus allways go off Food when moved. Some may take 2 weeks or longer to adjust to Your tank.

Anytime You move big or small Discus its good to heat treat them.

HTH
Cary Gld!

fishfarm
05-17-2003, 12:30 PM
I agree with Cary, If they have good color and come to the front of the tank, I'd be paitient, No stringy white feces, dark color, hanging in the corner? Then they probably just need settling down. Throw a few black worms in every day and wait. Increasing the temp to 88-90 may inspire them to become more active.Ken

DavidH
05-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Thx Guys I'll be patient and see what happens.

Thx Dave

Shari
06-17-2003, 03:29 AM
Thanks Cary - you answered my present alarm state having added a 120 gallon to the house and moved a few from a 55- a couple of my big ones have been horrible to live with ever since and getting worried about them for real. I'll heat them up a bit more!