PDA

View Full Version : A few of mine/ Wilds

Paulio
05-19-2003, 02:23 AM
I take pretty lousy pictures as you will see here ::) But wanted to share a few. These are a few from my personal collection of wilds. I will post pics of some of the other wilds over the next few days. I have no collection area info on these guys but it wouldnt matter to me if I did. They are pretty and thats all that counts :D

Paulio
05-19-2003, 02:23 AM
another

Paulio
05-19-2003, 02:29 AM
again

Paulio
05-19-2003, 02:30 AM
again

Paulio
05-19-2003, 02:31 AM
oops

Paulio
05-19-2003, 02:31 AM
Last one for today.
Lemme know what you think....

afick1975
05-19-2003, 06:13 AM
I don't care for wilds but yours look every good.

Andre

chewy7
05-19-2003, 06:50 AM
wow......there beautiful.......wish we can get wilds in australia? or are they just too much trouble ??? you have some awesome discus there....good luck with em...and just wondering what you feed them?

beta
05-19-2003, 09:21 AM
bootiful ;D

Francisco_Borrero
05-19-2003, 11:02 AM
Very nice fish, Paulio. Thanks for sharing.
What did your source tells you they are ? They look very healthy !! How many wilds you have altogether (in pic. 3 there are 5 fish) ?

I will take a crack at saying what discus varieties they may be, whether or not these are species, subspecies, or just color variants:

Pic. 1- Nice Green discus, a few red spots.

Pic. 2- Left: Blue discus, looks like some of the "Manacapuru" fish.
right: Heckel. I call this a "red heckel"

Pic. 3- Top left: Green (same fish?)
right: heckel
Bottom left : Blue discus
right: green

Pic. 4- Beautiful green discus, showing some "dominance" in the 5th and 6th bars. Sometimes some discus do that, at times showing almost exclusively these 2 bars, only to return to normal shortly after. Some fish stay like that most of the time (dominant 5th, or dominants 5th&6th bars). Two of my "Manacapuru ?" and one Curipera did this when showing agression or at feeding time. Somebody may think of them as "double heckels" just because of that.
Pic. 5- Left: Green
Right: heckel

Beautiful fish. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Francisco.

paulmat
05-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Very nice Paulio
Francisco as usual is right on the I.D. of them.
Great lokking fish ;D

Paul :guitarist:

Paulio
05-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Thanks for looking and compliments all! Reality is I work with importers and sell only wilds at this time. Not just Discus but Pleco, S/A dwarf Cichlids Angels etc. The fish that were given away by RandalB in the BIG GIVEAWAY were obtained through me and I have sold to a few board members as well. The fish I keep are all fish that I saw a physical flaw or other problem that made me not comfortable selling them. Problem eaters, Odd fins, bad shape, split ventrals etc. I know its a bit anal but thats how I am I 'spose ;D And I love having them in my living room none the less. I know they are gorgeous because nature made them the way they are. I just like to only sell the best that I can.

Francisco,

Great call! I try not to put much stock in location names these days. It is a highly debated subject so I would rather stick to color variants when I can.
1 is a green with very few spots.
2 left is most likely a blue. It came with a box of Brown and Alenquer. Took along time to color so that I could say what it was. 2 right is a Heckel. He doesnt like the camera at all. Has a very blue face when he is happy.
Pic 3 is a group shot
Pic 4 is another green (not spotted) and that pesky Heckel.

There are 5 fish in the 125 right now but one just wouldnt have its picture taken. That and my extreme lack of skill in the photography department

:)

Paul