nalah
05-20-2003, 05:18 PM
FINE! be like that.

Carol_Roberts
05-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Lol, you cut their heads off Mom!

nalah
05-20-2003, 05:23 PM
just an example of my photograph skills.

I am green with envy when i see all these brilliant photos here on simply.

My fish do come up to me but as soon as they see the camera,it's like " oh no,here she comes again.quick! scatter!"

So if anyone has advise for me,fire away.I need all the help i can get.

grrrr8guy
05-20-2003, 05:25 PM
LOL thats funny heh heh heh

grrrr8guy

Ann
05-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Hi Pascale,
Does you digital camera have an action or fast speed setting. I set the digital camera I used to the action setting then take about 10 pictures as the fish zooms across the front of the tank. Out of all the shots you should hopefully get at least one good shot. You might think the pictures I took look good, but you should know I took about 200 pictures all up and I think there is maybe 30 or 40 that I would even consider keeping. I have also resorted to putting some food in sometimes so they are so busy eating they do know notice me.

Ann

ronrca
05-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Thats hilarous! Thanks for sharing! You can not line them up better than that. Btw, Ive always like rear ends anyways! Ok, ok......back to talking about fish! LOL!

afick1975
05-20-2003, 07:27 PM
;D ;D Nice body picture. I wish I could see the front.

Andre ;D ;D ;D

Wolf
05-20-2003, 07:50 PM
I need help too. Out of 100 pictures 90% look like this. I've ruined some really nice shots.

April
05-20-2003, 07:53 PM
LOL Pascale. heres what i do. get your computer chair with wheels and sit on it. as they move, you follow with your wheely chair. and sit for a bit till their all relaxed and decided your settled in for the long haul.

Ann
05-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Hi Wolf,
Are you using an auto focus camera. I had a heap of problems with the auto focus. If there is anything dirty on the glass or even a reflection on the glass sometimes my camera will not focus on the fish but on the glass, and you get an blurry fish. Also if you try and get too close to the tank the camera will not focus at all, you will have to take a step or two back. I resorted to manual focus for some of my pictures because I could not get any good shots with the auto focus on. Hope this helps you a bit.

Ann

ReeferKimberly
05-21-2003, 02:50 AM
same boat, the majority of mine look like this, but there is always one good one.

ReeferKimberly
05-21-2003, 02:51 AM
mine like to pose, just always come out blurry.
kimberly :-*

nalah
05-21-2003, 04:01 AM
I guess they photo looks funny. but when its nearly all of them. i lack patience.
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/depresse.gif

Ann - i should read up on the camera. you know the type..unwrao,start using and doesn't read instructions...thats me.LOL.

April - might try that one.

Kim - my adults are ok. but the little ones. mate! forget it. they're too fast.

dred
05-21-2003, 05:44 PM
LOL,

Here's a fish photo tip. Use your observation of their behaviors to your advantage. You know where they like to play, pose etc.

You can do this by setting up the camera on a specific location before the fish arrive there. Then wait for the fish to pose pretty for you in the shot you have already set up and snap the picture. The advantage here is that it results in a composed picture (i.e., you can make sure the algea doesn't show <smile>), and the fish get used to the camera setting up in front of the tank (tripods are very useful for this) so it's presence doesn't change their behavior. Some cameras have remotes for the shutter, and they can be very useful for getting that perfect picture too.

Also check your cameras to see if you can control the sampling used for autofocus. My camera had three different options - I find that the focus on dead center setting works the best.

Also, even though we are limited in the size of pictures we can post, you should always snap pictures in the highest resolution and edit them. You can always make a pic file smaller, but you can't increase the resolution of a picture after it's taken, so ...

Finally, lighting the tank and the room can help with the blurry picture problem. The more light available, the faster the shutter, and the sharper the pictures. The blurr is cause by slower shutter speeds required to gather light indoors.

hth, milton