PDA

View Full Version : 65g Hex- divide for 2 pr??

korbi_doc
05-22-2003, 10:01 AM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Hi everyone, These fish are driving me crazy!! Not that I wasn't already crazy.. Hahaha! & yes I stated didn't want to breed, however a pr of redSS are severely harrassing everyone in my 125g, have had wigglers 4X. So, broke down my SW 65 hex tank, moved it to out of the way spot. Would it be ok to use plastic eggcrate to divide it for 2 prs? Or would it have to be more opaque? Would rather breed the Pbs & there are 3, just don't know who's who. Get eggs, no wigglers, maybe all 3 are females. lol, but, the redSS are ruling as of today. This tank is also lower to the floor, 'bout 12" off the floor, cuz it's under a staircase. Any suggestions? Dottie ;D ;D

05-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Dottie, well I guess anything is possible but I would not use the tank for two pairs....One the egg crate wont work, sure it will keep the two adult pairs apart from each other but any fry that swims between the egg crate to the other side with soon be lunch.
I have never liked the idea of useing one tank for two pairs, unless you completely water tight seal the tank into two sections. I just think too much can go wrong.....
I would just find some place to stick a 29 gal or two and go that route.

HTH Randy

korbi_doc
05-24-2003, 08:44 AM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Thanks Randy, of course, hadn't thought of the fry swimming thru, in my mind had not gotten that far, hahaha. You can tell I've never raised them, don't know if i'm up to that challenge, rather just buy them from you more adept individuals. So much easier to just open the box & take out 2-3" kids & put'm in the tank. lol, guess I'll just put these 2 in their own tank & hope they don't raise them to the point that I have to raise bbs to feed them, hahahahaha, time will tell. Suppose the 65 would be a good size to raise them, but then I'd be right back to square one, where would I put this aggressive pr????? lol, Dottie ;D ;D