PDA

View Full Version : Tetra Bit tips?

remikz
05-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Hello again,

I have more questions!

Well just the one (for now).

Over here in UK Tetra Bits are known as Tetra Prima, but still top discus breeders and good fish owners, feed as a main diet to their fish.

My problem is all my fish eat it except two, my blue diamonds, they just won't eat it, they just don't see it as food. It's like trying to feed it to Wilds. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips to getting their fish to feed on a certain food (especially Tetra Bits).

Thakns again gang.

--Ian

Carol_Roberts
05-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Feed only tetra bits every morning for breakfast. Don't feed anything else until at least lunch time. Eventually they will start to pick at it

remikz
05-27-2003, 07:51 AM
Thanks Carol, I have started this morning.. :)

Tonyintx
05-27-2003, 10:24 AM
Carol do Tetra Color bits cloud or dirty the water?????

Carol_Roberts
05-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Tetra Bits are pretty clean - that's why I feed them. Any dried food will eventually foul the water if it's left in the tank long enough.

iceskater
05-31-2003, 10:55 AM
Hi Ian,
How are your fish doing with the Tetra Bits? I started feeding mine a few days before you. Mine seem to be adjusting to it fine now. I have 7 discus and 5 of them will eat them.. I am finding that I just need to stick to not feeding them the second meal to early so they are forced into having them as the only food to eat.

Karen