PDA

View Full Version : About me!

ronrca
05-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Well, Im 26, male, 5' 5", blue eyes, blond hair, married almost 5 years (hard to believe), no kids....yet!

Im an Electrical Engineering Technologist. I primarily design the underground primary power and streetlighting for new subdivisions in Edmonton, Alberta! Im the senior designer/drafter.

My hobbies are of course discus. Currently I have only 9 discus and 5 tanks running, 5 tanks empty/not running. Im hoping to get some discus from Cary beginning of June (6 red marlboro's) and a lot of discus from Rod Lewis in late fall!

I started into fish in 2000 I believe. It all started when a co-worker bought a betta. At that point, I started venturing into the world of the internet and researching fish. The next week I also bought a betta and a 2G bowl. Couple weeks later I borrowed my Uncles 30G and stocked it with neons, barbs, rams. Of course, during this time Im still researching and learning sooo much. I would print out articles and take them home to read (no internet at home because I would spend more time on the internet than doing something I should be like yard work). So, after getting the 30G and having it setup, I started dreaming of getting a much bigger tank. Finally, in April 2001 I brought the 90G and stand into my livingroom which I had been designing for months. Around Christmas of 2001 I was able to get lots of plants for a really good price from someone in Nove Scotia I believe. At the time, I had no clue about real plants. Well, I basicly took a crash course on real plants and thats how I started. Over the weeks and months of constantly researching and readings plus the experience, well...I think I learned a bit (NOthing compared to Biotypical). My strong point comes more into the tech side of things because of my electrical background.

In late summer of 2001 I managed to find some discus from a local breeder, Don Gross! Basicly after that, I was hooked. Now Im on to the mini rack system that I posted in the diy section! Im already planning a fishroom and hopefully a little pond in the basement.

O, yea! I do like reading, playing computer games, volleyball, hockey, jogging, weight lifting. I also play piano, trumpet and currently taking violin lessons.

So, that pretty much sums it up I guess!

Any questions? ;)

lesley
05-31-2003, 05:01 PM
Hello ronrca, weeeeell, but what do you do with all your spare time??? lol.

That's am impressive list of things that you do. It is always interesting to learn why something is.

Keep up your good work.

Smokey
06-12-2003, 03:07 AM
Congradulations Ron.

It,s about time you came clean !!! lol

Best requards

Smokey

chinoz
06-13-2003, 12:40 AM
congrats bro. ;D