PDA

View Full Version : Help...Purchasing Discus from Breeders/Hobbyist in Seattle Washington.

kanttarelli
05-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Hello, my name is Katri. I am new to SimplyDiscus. I am a 17 year old exchange student from Finland, living in Montana. I have kept fish for 10 years. I am looking for a Hobbyist/Breeder in the Seattle Washington Area to purchase Red Turquoise, Blue Turquoise or Red Rio Purus Discus between July 7th and 9th ( I wil be in the area then). Please email me if you have any available.

Willie
05-31-2003, 08:51 AM
I don't know anyone in Seattle, but there's a ton of people in Portland, OR with nice discus. Is that too far to drive?

Willie

kanttarelli
05-31-2003, 12:33 PM
The problem in sending is that I do not have the hotels address where I'm going to stay 2 days in Seattle. And it would be pretty difficult and expensive too. I don't drive by myself and I don't know am I even allowed to go so far.
But thanks anyway :)

Willie
05-31-2003, 08:42 PM
Katri;

Seattle has a decent Chinatown and I remember a fish store within Chinatown that had decent quality discus -- not great, but decent. I also passed a store called Discus King, but was told by a local that their discus was of poor quality. Still, its worth checking into.

Have fun on your trip and bring an umbrella. Seattle has more rainy days than any other major city in the U.S.

Willie

April
06-01-2003, 12:05 AM
there should be no rain in seattle in july.
how about mat. ? hes in the tacoma area. im sure he knows whos who around there and maybe he even has some available?
hes discus_nw on here. Mat???/ can you help out katri?

06-01-2003, 01:11 AM
How about NW Discus Hatchery in Stanwood? I know nothing about them as far as health and quality..... they're just north of Seattle maybe 50 miles?(rough guess)

www.nwdiscushatchery.com

again... Mat could probably enlighten us here.

Tony

sony
06-01-2003, 12:06 PM
what part of montana are you living in now?

p.s.: great picture.

kanttarelli
06-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all the answers! I have discussion going on with mat. He is helping me out:).
I'm from Corvallis, ravalli county in the western part of MT...why?

Katri

sony
06-01-2003, 02:12 PM
just curious, i have been to montana several times and love the western part of the state. are you near missoula (sp.), butte or billings, im in colorado.

kanttarelli
06-01-2003, 02:20 PM
yep. I'm living like one hour away from Missoula. It's north from us.

sony
06-01-2003, 02:28 PM
check instant message.

Dennis_Hardenburge
06-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Kantarelli
Mat should be able to help you out.
I didn't know there was a Corvallis, MT
I live in Corvallis, OR
Good Luck and have fun in Seattle
Dennis