PDA

View Full Version : Blue Panda Search

TOMMY
05-31-2003, 02:52 AM
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone on this board had recentlhy acquired Blue Pandas or had any pictures of them.
I was saving up for a while to get some new discus and I've been looking all over the web for ideas and the Panda caught my attention. I just wanted to see what they really looked like before I went ahead and placed my order. I've been to breeders' websites but they all looked different.
If anyone here has adopted any of these beautiful babies I would like to get a glimpse of them.
At this point I would appreciate any pointers or a description on what they look really look like.

Thanks everyone.

-Tom-

jeep
06-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Not a very good pic but I think you can see what they are. Basicall they have a PB strain and a lot will have minimal to heavy peppering. If you order some make sure you provide a very good description of what you expect or you may get more peppering than you would like.

I think Cary still has a pair and may have some juvies for sale.

Brian

TOMMY
06-04-2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks a million Brian! As a matter of fact I have been talking to Cary about them. He also explained to me that the reason for the color difference in discus from different people/breeders was due to the lighting. It all makes sense now. For example the white butterflies in Jack's site looks pink because of the lighting he uses in his tank(s).

I already had Cary hold some for me....my check is already in the mail. I can't wait to see my new babies! ;D ;D ;D

-Tom-

jeep
06-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Yup. Lighting makes a difference :)

Same fish - different tank, lights and mood...

April
06-05-2003, 12:39 AM
those look like my white butterflies from cary.
if they are the same.id go for his for sure. mine are very nice.

Carol_Roberts
06-05-2003, 01:42 AM
Good picture April . . . you can see the blue between the fins and the body

CARY_GLdiscus
06-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Hi Tom,
Here is a pic Of My whitediamond blue diamond cross so offten refured to as a blue Panda.

This is all the blue panda is a cross between to types of Discus. its nothing more then a PB Discus.

IMO The panda name was used to throw off the import source And to help make a better sale.

HTH
Cary Gld!

jeep
06-05-2003, 09:09 AM
I like them better without the peppering. Nice fish!