PDA

View Full Version : y fungused eggs?

limige
05-31-2003, 01:02 PM
just wondering why so many people have problems with fungused eggs?

i don't seem to have that problem, so why is that?

i feed mostly CBW, occaisonally tetra bits, no beefheart.
i like to be kinda sporatic with wc's. it seems to help pairing in some cases, sometimes i'll change 50% every day, then if i get busy i'll cut back to every other day or sometimes once a week.

some of my fish seem to not like changes so often, i seem to get more eggs laid if i wait a few days between changes.
i'd say every 3 days seems to work best. anyway, back to topic.

so the reason brought up wc's is my sponge filters are very well established with my wc cycle

my hardness in tap is 130-150ppm with a ph of 7.5

i age all my water at least 24hrs and heat as well.

so can anyone possibly come up with an idea why others have such problems?

i think it most likely has to do with feeding.
are there other members out there that feed lots of CBW and no beefheart? do you have fungus problems?

maybe we could narrow this thing down?!

Carol_Roberts
05-31-2003, 04:39 PM
My eggs don't fungus either. They may turn white because they are dead, but that is not fungus. I figured it was becuase my water from from a well . . . I don't feed beefheart or other messy foods either.

lovdiscus
06-03-2003, 06:48 AM
I don't feed any messy foods either......but my eggs always fungus. I could be overfeeding?? They eat flakes, color bits, brine shrimp (frozen)....4 times a day.
I always see them begging for food and can't help myself.
LOL.
I do w/c's every other day with aged water.
Could that be the problem....over feeding?
How often should the breeding pair be fed?
Thanks
Donna

limige
06-03-2003, 08:01 AM
i'm not sure possbily, i've also found flakes and frozens to be messy, live foods are the only clean foods.

i've also found my breeders to have a low appitite most of the time, once they've reached the breeding size they don't grow much more and tend to eat less. don't mistake young fish that aren't fully grown will try to breed but it's best to discourage them until they've grown out. 1 1/2-2 yrs old.