PDA

View Full Version : my wild fry

limige
05-31-2003, 02:04 PM
so i bought those wild green tefe's and brought the fry home, first trying putting them in with mom and dad but that didn't work so i pulled what i could and put them into a dish. 17 total. once they started becoming freeswimming i put them in with my turk fry. that was yesterday. the turk fry are about 9 days old and the wild fry started fs. yesterday.

today the wild fry seem to be doing alright, hanging around the filter and eating off my turk parents when they're near.

it will be interesting to see if they attach within the next few days or not. maybe they will start eating enough BBS to keep them going.

so that's the update!

limige
05-31-2003, 02:08 PM
almost forgot.

my female turk was sucking some of them into her mouth and holding them for a minute then blowing them out.

she doesn't seem to be moving them, why is she doing this?
warning them maybe? ???

Wolf
06-01-2003, 04:37 PM
That is normal. They will suck them up and spit them out where they want them. Try removing the cone pretty soon but they will still try to corral them up.

Willie
06-01-2003, 05:56 PM
When the adults mouth and chew the fry, its a very good sign -- part of the bonding process. Looks like you're on your way with them.

Willie

06-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey Limige....

How are the wild fry doing? Are they attatching to the turqs?

Beth

limige
06-05-2003, 03:31 AM
unfortunately, day two of freeswimming they all disappeared :-X

the turk fry are doing well though, starting to stray from mom and dad picking at CBW.

the wild pair seems to be settled down now, started eating the other day finally, i had to turn the temp up on them and put in some salt. now i can start bringing the temp down and feed them well, hopefully i'll see some eggs shortly!

06-05-2003, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear it Limige.....

but hey! look at the bright side. You got one hell uva nice looking pair there that can produce fry for ya once they get good and setteled in ;)

Good Luck with them

Beth

limige
06-07-2003, 04:44 AM
well they do seem to be settling more and more, they show no interest in the 1"pvc, i'm beginning to wonder if they're gonna take to the glass again like they did at the petshop.

anyway, yesterday i changed 1/4 cool water and turned the temp down on the heater so maybe that will help spark some interest.

they keep looking at me like they're expecting something, i do water changes and feed them, and they look at me like i'm forgetting something ??? then after i walk away they will start pecking at cbw's.

anyway, i'll let you know when the good news comes ;D

limige
06-08-2003, 04:02 PM
:'( :'( :'( :'(dad jumped ship yesterday, left mom all alone, no more fries from those two :'( :'( :'(

but i do have a tank full of rsg for her to pair with, there's bound to be a male there somewhere!

ozone
06-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Hi there,
when you siad that the dad jumped ship did you mean that it died ?(jumped out of the tank)
If so thats a real shame you only just got them too.

limige
06-23-2003, 01:23 PM
yes, i got up in the morning, went downstairs to check up on everyone and feed to find dad on the floor all dried up. i've lost too many fish jumping out, 3 or 4 now, i really have to make sure they stay covered, especially new arrivals.