PDA

View Full Version : Pic Of My New betta For Ari

yippy
05-31-2003, 04:08 PM
Hi Ari, Here he is. let me know if you want one - i can getto capalaba on saturdays - a friend of mine is a bookie at the dog track - so i could get a lift. But i wouldnt come up until your settled in with bubby!
Cheers, Kerry (Yippy)

05-31-2003, 07:01 PM
nice looking betta :thumbsup:

ari_wh
05-31-2003, 08:39 PM
Kerry.....

What a beautiful betta!!!! I definitely want one... especially if he is as cheap as you said..... Baby is not here yet... so, have to wait for few days yet.... lol. Things are nice and cozy inside, so 'bun' is not ready yet to come out....

I will definitely let everyone knows when the baby decides to show up....

Regards, Ari :)

yippy
05-31-2003, 09:12 PM
Ari, I'll buy one for you this week, would scott be able to pick him up from my friend at the dog track? The betta would only be in transit for 45 minutes. Theres only one bookie at capalaba dogs so he wont find it hard! Let me know, Kerry

Mattzilla
05-31-2003, 10:28 PM
that's the best betta i've ever seen!!!!

April
06-01-2003, 01:40 AM
Yippy. nice betta.
ok...dog track....what kind of dog track? as in greyhound racing? need educating. lol.

yippy
06-01-2003, 05:58 AM
yeah april. dog racing, i love greyhounds, ari i have your crownie at home . i'll mind him ready for delivery, i'll call you before hand. kerry

yippy
06-01-2003, 06:30 AM
ari, your crown tail is with me until next sat or friday, i will come up, ready for ari fry deilvery - i will ring you, kerry Scott - STAY CALM LIKE A TRUE DISCUS!!!
KEZZZZ

April
06-01-2003, 08:46 AM
ok. i have never seen a greyhound race but we do get some of the rescue dogs in our shop for grooming.
theres an organization here who adopts them out after their done racing. but not nearly enough. : ((

yippy
06-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Hi April, The government here has pretty strict controls over the greyhound industry. Every dog is checked over by a vet before they are allowed to run and they also do random urine testing on them to make sure the dogs arent being given any anti-imflammatory drugs or things to make them run faster. They do have a thing here to adopt a greyhound when they are retired but unfortunatlety not enough are adopted as they have to be muzzled if they are being walked etc. They are beautiful dogs, one day when i have a house i will adopt one, they have beautiful natures. They do the same with the horse racing industry but the horses arent checked over by a vet every single time they run like the greyhounds are - only randomly. At least with horses they are easily placed into good good homes after their racing career as dressage or show jumpers or even for people to ride for pleasure and a huge amount of them are taken by the police force for police horses - shame its not as easy with the greyhounds.
Yippy

ari_wh
06-01-2003, 08:48 PM
Hi Kerry....

Thank you..... Can't wait to see that double crown tail betta... We are running out of room... but for a beautiful betta like that... I WILL MAKE ROOM!!!!! LOL.

Where is this greyhound racing?? Near Capalaba.... Sorry... a bit ignorant in that area... Yes.. do call first.. hopefully I won't be at the hospital when you come up... Oh well... you can even visit the 'bun' at the hospital if that is the case.... :)

Regards, Ari :)

ReeferKimberly
06-02-2003, 01:21 AM
nice crown-tail. he looks like a steel blue with a lot of red wash. anyone want one? i have 100s i don't want anymore. now i'm only discus.
kimberly :-*

yippy
06-02-2003, 03:50 AM
Ari, The greyhound racing track is in behind the Tavern in Capalaba - but i will call you first on Thursday. You can always throw your new Betta in with your discus! You saw how happy my red one is in my discus tank. I actually rescued another fighter a few weeks ago - he only has one eye and i felt sorry for him so after quarantining him he is now in with my discus in that tank i had in the bedroom. I had a new entertainment stand built and the guy reinforced the top so it would hold that tank, so its out in the loungeroom now. "Pretty" (one eyed fighter) actually thinks hes a discus, he hangs out with them all the time and at feed time if any of the swordtails go near the food he chases them away from the discus and joins in with the discus eating! I have another baby discus in there as well now - another one i felt sorry for - i think i told you about him - he was the last little guy left in that shop in the brickworks i took you to. The fighter didnt lose his eye, he hasnt got any sign of an eye being there. Now when i go to the shop where i got him they all ask how "the reject is going". Poor thing - but hes very happy. Yippy