PDA

View Full Version : Discus as a side income

Carol_Roberts
06-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Here is a link to a couple of articles put out by a Singapore realtor touting the benfits of self employment (raising discus) for those in low income housing. Both articles have lots of pictures - scroll down to find articles.
http://www.asiahomes.com/koiclinic/0805discus_breeding.htm
and
http://www.asiahomes.com/real_estate_tips/0819groomer_success.htm

chuck
06-06-2003, 07:09 AM
Interesting.. Think I'm gonna move to singapore... Beautiful fish and all in a 3 room apt.... ;D ;D

thanks Carol..... 8)
chuck

chirohorn
06-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the links. Strange that these articles are geared towards realtors. The underlying theme was...to be more successful, get off your *ss & look for opportunities. However, the author did a good job of summarizing discus keeping.

ronrca
06-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Lets hope that they will be very fussy about what they sell. Otherwise the quality of discus may be sacrificed to increase income. :(

Wolf
06-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Man this look like a project I can do :D. Now all I need is to find a place to get rid of all my fry at. I raise fish in the good old USA healthy and disease free and no one will buy them for $5.

ronrca
06-06-2003, 04:07 PM
:wave:

Hello! How many fry? What type of fry? How much to ship to Canada? ;)

Pics, PLZ! ;D

Wolf
06-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Ron just 100 or so and I don't ship. It's impossible to find a pet store in the area that will buy them though. They will give me about $5 credit each then turn around and try to sell them for $40. They only give credit for bulkfood I.E. no frozen food and they won't trade for tanks. It aggravating as hell with all the money and time I spend on them. I can't get anything I want for the fish so I'll just throw the ones I don't keep away rather than almost giving them away to the pet store.

P.S, - I live in Austin, Texas and should have about 70 or so to get rid of in 4 weeks if anyone is in the area.

ronrca
06-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Maybe you should look into opening the borders and start shipping! I bet you could get rid of those fry in no time and charge $10 for them! ;D

pops
06-06-2003, 05:45 PM
hi wolf,
so what brand of fry are these? i love to drive!
lived in Austin '60-65. bergstrom,afb. great place.
:D :D ;D 8)
ps email me