PDA

View Full Version : I have a pic question

richgrenfell
06-06-2003, 08:25 PM
OK....i have tried to downsize my stuff so I can attach from my HD. it makes the pics like 1 inch high to meet the size limit for this forum. However, i see other pics that are like 8 inches, crystal clear, and only 50K? how does that happen?

Rich

Wolf
06-06-2003, 10:34 PM
eheh, it's a little tricky. I resize mine in photoshop and it takes a little practice to get the best quality picture of the right size.

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 12:14 AM
I resize mine in photoshop as well. I usually just downsize using the % function. How do you do yours?

Wolf
06-07-2003, 12:25 AM
I pull in the picture I'm trying to edit. Go to image menu and image size. In the width size adjust to 500 and then it will automatically adjust the height for you. Then I save as jpeg. When you save as jpeg, it gives you an option on image quality (Jpeg options I believe). I usually choose anywhere from 7-10 depending on what size the picture is at the given quality. When you change the image quality in the box, it will also tell you the image size you will be saving it as in the lower left of the box. I usually have to go back and adjust the image size bigger or smaller depending on what size it turns out to be (First step through image menu on original photo 450-500 width seems to be the ticket for pics on this forum). Then I resave it as a jpeg and go over the second part again. Hope this helps. It takes a little trial and error to get the best size and image quality for any given picture. If someone knows an easier way, please let me know.

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Well i'll be darned....it worked!!! Thanks wolf! I was keeping the compression as a large file. That's what was wrong. If i crank it down to 7 that does it just about perfect! Thanks again!

Rich

Wolf
06-07-2003, 01:30 AM
No problem and I love your blue cobalt and red turquoise. .

lesley
06-07-2003, 01:34 AM
Hi Wolf,

Can you tell me how you got your avatar into your profile please?

I can't see how you would link it to your hard drive?

Lesley

Carol_Roberts
06-07-2003, 01:44 AM
I believe the avatar does have to be uploaded to another site. :-\

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 01:56 AM
What the heck is an avatar?????

Wolf
06-07-2003, 02:01 AM
well.. It doesnt neccesarily have to uploaded to another site. What you do is start a picture thread and post your avatar then take the path it saved it to on Simply and put that address in your avatar link in your profile. RIght click on your posted image and go to properties to find were it was saved on simply. For example if you right click on my avatar and go to properties you can see my avatar is at

...http://forum.simplydiscus.com//attachments/avatar.jpg just copy and paste and put it in your profile link.

lesley
06-07-2003, 02:22 AM
thanks Wolf