PDA

View Full Version : Violet Reflections from Discus Fantasy

Discusgeo
06-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Looks like I get to be the first to show you my Violet Reflections from Danny at Discus Fantasy. They arived in Phoenix around 10:30 this morning and by 11:30. They are swimming in a newly setup home, a 100 gal tank. So far they have been doing great and look wonderful. I did feed them frozen Brine shrimp after the pictures just so everyone can see them the way I got them. Once I put the BS in the tank they all started eating right away. Danny thanks for the nice Discus and the poster too. I will post new pictures in 2 weeks. On the top of each picture there are small air bubbles on the glass which I noticed after the pictures were taken. I am using a new Canon Powershot A70 so please bear with me as they are the first one to come out halfway decent.
George
This is the link to my Photo Album just for them as they grow in size.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=298925 (http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=298925)
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/7658/NUWJK-VR1.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/7658/MJWIU-VR2.jpg

DISCUS USA
06-06-2003, 10:31 PM
DISCUSGEO,CONGRATS,on those nice fish.I knew danny at discus fantasy was a bad photographer,LOL...,
how much were they at what size.

gary1218
06-06-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey George, nice rainbow effect in the pictures ;D

GARY

Discusgeo
06-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Hector the size is right around 1 1/2" and they will set you back $35.00 each. Gary I never noticed the rainbow until it was pointed out.
Thanks
George

Wolf
06-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Looking good. They look tiny in that big tank. I'm sure they will turn out to be beautiful fish.

Glenn
06-07-2003, 01:15 AM
I see big eyes.

April
06-07-2003, 01:52 AM
Are those the fish that were in the pics originally?
keep us posted.

Discusgeo
06-07-2003, 07:21 AM
April as far as I know these are the Discus that Danny orginally offered for sale. I only got them yesterday because I had to set up a new tank for them.

Carol_Roberts
06-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Might be a different batch . . .

CARY_GLdiscus

I love discus!

Re:Violet Reflection
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2003, 11:07:42 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok Everyone,
Glad to see We worked things out with danny. now remember after they settle in for a few days we need to see pics and Your Opion.

From what I hear most of You will be getting Vrs from a new batch and not from the batch in the pic.

However I did not receive Mine yet But I demand the ones in the pic thats what this was all about.

Mine will be sent to mat P first then sent to Me I just want Everyone to remember why we are doing this and would hope to see many pics.

Plain and simple the Vrs in the pic look not so good there is No need to bust danny's balls We all no he's a good guy but is his supplyer?

TakeCare,
Cary Gld!

Anyway, we can see from the pictures you posted George that Danny does have very nice, round, healthy VR youngsters for sale. It looks like you got a really nice batch that should grow into outstanding adults. It will be fun to see the size all of you get on them.

Tim_Ellis
06-15-2003, 10:58 AM
My daughter and I drove up to see Danny last weekend. Danny is a gentleman and a great host. He was kind enough to spend an hour talking with me and showing me his fishroom before he had to go to work on Sunday morning. It was not long before his wife had my 8 year old on the couch eating cookies and watching tv. He has some very nice strains and it is obvious that he takes much pride in the fish he has and the care they recieve. I spoke with him about this contraversy with the Violet Reflections and I felt kinda guilty taking the fish, but, especially after getting the fish home and taking some pictures myself. There is nothing wrong with those fish and I highly doubt there was anything wrong with the previous batch. I have no problems getting fish from Danny and will continue to in the future. The fish were settled in and enjoying some whiteworms and blackworms before sunset. I am glad I went to meet Danny in person, as I feel I left having made a freind and fellow fish keeper. I am looking forward to him comming to Austin to see my little set-up. Here are a couple of not so good pics I took the evening I brought them home. I will take more and hopefully better ones as they grow.

Tim

Tim_Ellis
06-15-2003, 11:00 AM
another

Tim_Ellis
06-15-2003, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah. I also picked up a dozen of the super angel blue diamonds.

chirohorn
06-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Tim, glad you posted the pics. Saves me a trip out there! :D