PDA

View Full Version : OK let's see if this works....

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 12:56 AM
This is a fish that I got from Bing Seto. He calls it a "great Blue" This fish is the male of a pair I was working with back in 2001. Not an A grade fish, but a very nice fish none the less. I never was able to get any good shots of the female, as she always hid behind the cone when I had the camera. Somehow she knew....? This was one of the best pairs I ever had as they never ate one egg or fry! EVER!

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 01:04 AM
now this little fellow is one of the offspring of the male pictured above. I had very good luck with this strain. This fish is nearly 2 inches at 9 weeks! As you can see he is not camera shy!

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 01:09 AM
These little guys are some of the siblings of the fellow above. The one in the foreground (profile not head on) ended up being a cull, but the 2 in the background grew to be very nice fish.

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Now these were some other favorites of mine. They are solid cobalts, and they were the first discus I ever bred! the quality of the pic is pretty crappy huh? I didn't use a flash, and the light was low. This pair semmed to like the light low, and I didn't want to spook them, so i used available light for this shot.

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 01:20 AM
another crappy shot.....

Carol_Roberts
06-07-2003, 01:27 AM
Hi Rich:
Isn't it great to be able to post from your hard drive? Nice pattern on the Bing Seto discus.

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 01:35 AM
Yes Carol, it is so much easier that trying to find a host that will let you load offsite for an extended period of time! Here is another pic. These fish aren't mine, they belong to a fellow named Don, he is a buddy of mine. They do have amber eyes, but look at the shape!

richgrenfell
06-07-2003, 01:46 AM
Here's another.....