PDA

View Full Version : Leopard SSs from Frank

Mike_Selley
06-12-2003, 08:26 PM
A couple of Frank's FCdiscus babies! :)

Mike_Selley
06-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Sorry bout that, but I guess I'll have to try again tommorrow! :)

chuck
06-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Sure Leave us hanging!! ;D ;D
chuck

fcdiscus
06-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Mike sent the picture to me too, so let me help him out! Frank 8)

April
06-12-2003, 11:52 PM
they look great. now teach that guy how to post them. lol.
nice fish mike. keep us updated and then you can practise your posting pic skills. ;D 8)

chinoz
06-13-2003, 12:06 AM
Wow thats some great discus ;D

06-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Hey Mike,

nice looking fish.

How old are they?

thanks

alex

Jeff
06-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Nice shape frank. Good job. ;D

fcdiscus
06-13-2003, 02:05 PM
The kudos go to Mike Jeff! It is really great to see someone take such good care of your babies! Frank 8)

Jeff
06-13-2003, 02:10 PM
You are right. Good job Mike. So often discus are sold and not given optimum care for growth. :thumbsup:

paulmat
06-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Mike
They look great ;D
You can't go wrong with getting your fish from Frank :thumbsup:
Good job by both of you.

Paul :guitarist:

Luderule
06-14-2003, 03:09 AM
Wow great looking LSSs~!
Now if Frank has some time to sell me some of those I would be as happy as Mike :P :D ;D

reef
06-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Here in Singapore this what LSS look like. This is from a breeder here, not mine. Priced around USD $400.

reef
06-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Pic of juv LSS from another breeder in Singapore. They are in high demand around this region at the moment.

06-22-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi,

good for you.

alex

fcdiscus
06-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Well- here on Long Island, we do not use hormones to artificially color our young fish. It has some adverse affects on them down the road! Frank

06-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Frank,

you know, i was about to say this and i thought let me be

nice.

Also, here in US we don't inbreed to F 1999.

alex

reef
06-22-2003, 08:54 PM
Well frank, not very nice of u to say that. But anyway, let me ask them first. Will get back to you soon. Anyway can u or alex_m enlighten me where is a research done to show enhancer adversly affect our discus. I know a couple of hobbyist back here feeding their discus colour enhance beefheart mix. But they use from natural sources like carrots, brine shrimp to their beefheart mix.

Frank, to help me further with my "investigation", can u name some of breeders here that is very well known to use enhancer? Personally breeders giving enhancer to their fish for sale is damn cheating their customer. I would not want my next discus purchase to be on enhancer. So far I yet to get a colour-enhanced fish.These fishes will return to their not-so-brilliant original colours when not on enhancer I believe.

reef
06-22-2003, 09:15 PM
This is my rose red bought from a home-breeder when it was 2". Suspected to be on enhancer.Now almost 4". Fed only Frozen bloodworm and tetrabits.

What u think?

SLY
06-22-2003, 09:29 PM
tsk tsk ::)

Willie
06-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Big difference between using color enhancers vs hormones. I've got no problems with getting fish fed asxanthin or Tetra Bits, but hormoned fish are a no no. I can't tell if those are hormoned fish. At $400, I expect something pretty spectacular.

Willie

Jeff
06-22-2003, 10:43 PM
I agree with Willie. I believe most breeders do color feed and I also color feed. Hormones are expensive to use and most breeders know the problems associated with them and do not use them. That is not to say there are breeders who do use them. You must know your source and how the discus are raised.

To my knoledge no one has proven color feeding has any adverse effects on discus.

06-22-2003, 11:03 PM
Hi Reef,

how are you?

First off, this is a thread dedicated to Frank and his LepSS.

Here in Singapore this what LSS look like. This is from a breeder here, not mine. Priced around USD $400.

Kind of cocky, don't you think pal.

Great, do you mind starting another thread for yourself.

thanks

alex

reef
06-23-2003, 12:32 AM
Maybe I will alex, but then again I feel I don't need to prove to you or frank. Just those pics to share,really. Thanks for the idea though. Go on, continue this thread two of u, I won't bother u guys.

06-23-2003, 12:54 AM
nice fish frank...when do you think the spots will start to show?? or will all of them get spots necessarily???
david

fcdiscus
06-23-2003, 01:37 AM
These are some from Kitti's original line of Lep SS and they do not spot up like some of the newer varieties. They do however breed true, and grow out healthy. Here is a picture of the father. Frank 8)

SLY
06-23-2003, 04:48 AM
reef 1st of all did u get any permission from those people who own the pictures? I don't think u did. 2ndly you shouldn't try to interrupt someones thread here by posting those pics..what do you wanna prove? Please do not get those owners into this mess you are trying to create.

Btgh
06-23-2003, 05:00 AM
very nic LSS, Frank. may I know what is the size of the tank u r using for breeding, seems kinda 'cramped' from ur pic.

Cheers

OEG
06-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Hi Frank
Those babys look sweet and the male is a handsome fella.
Those original stains are the coolest ,I dont need them to look like they were in a nuclear accident. ;)
Oscar

fcdiscus
06-23-2003, 05:56 PM
You are right Btgh! They are 20s, and I hope to switch to 29s soon!
Thanks Oscar! Frank 8)

06-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone,

i just thought it is kind of inappropriate for someone to bud in like that.

We all know that there are breeders in Singapore that are

far ahead of other countries in terms of discus strains.

Anyway, from what i understand Kitti produces one of the

best snakeskins.

I've spoken to breeders in US who say that their LepSS

from Kitti are exceptional.

thanks

alex

OEG
06-23-2003, 09:11 PM
All props to the sing sing clan, but heres the real deal my friends. If they are 3 inches and looking like superstars run dont walk the other way. they look great and will probably do well for a while but with time the harmones will catch up to them and claim them. No disrespect to the breeders from afar but there its huge buisness move them in and out and cash in, its all good but your not getting my money. i love to see a 3 inch fish with not much color ohter than a few specks here and there, if you see the parents youve got a pretty good idea of what your going to end up with. Nice round high finned fish, one of the beautiful things about keeping discus is that you watch them develope from browns to awesome RSG,Diamonds, Lss etc etc. I think that Franks fish look great and thats the kind of quality one should shoot for.

Reef i think you just got a little to proud, your an all right guy in my book, just got a little crazy there. that pic of your fish is nice, i do believe that the fish is a harmone free fish and that the color shown is the appropriate color.
Color feeding is fine one call help bring out the natural colors that way but harmone kill fish eventually. Im no expert but thats a pretty good educated guess.
here is what i like see the little colorless fish in pic one well look at the second thats them and there only about 10 months old. its worth the wait.
Oscar

OEG
06-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Now here is one of those which is actually the least colored of the buch, i will update photos and post later.

newdiscus
06-24-2003, 02:12 AM
Hi,

nice fishes....

rgds

Miles
06-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Mike,
You have done an outstanding job, keep up the good work.

Reef,
As Sly said TSK, TSK. Start your own post if you have SOMETHING to say !

Oscar,
Fish look good. And it does take alot longer for the fish to color up natural without the help of color enhancers.

Miles