PDA

View Full Version : My Ph now 7.6 will it fit 6.5 coming Discus

EIHAB83
06-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Hi all how are you doing.....
now I sorted out the first tank (for the pair) the Ph is 7.8 so the pair will be happy there, coming from 7.5 to 7.8 won't face any stress .....
but the problem is the Juvies. tank..... I managed to get the Ph from 8.2 to 7.6 using Ph adjuster ..... the Juvies are coming from Ph 6.5 tank, what is the Maximum Ph my tank should be ... plus one more thing this Ph adjuster left the tank a bit milky (it said this on the pack) will this harm the fish some how
I am really thankful for your help and concern spec. Carol and the other guys
all the best

Carol_Roberts
06-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Check to see what the pH is in your tank 24 hours after using the pH adjuster. Mine bounces right back up. If you have softer water than me your pH may stay down. did you check to see if you could find distilled water? Don't get mineral water, lol

EIHAB83
06-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Hi Carol... I will do check the Ph tomorrow and see how it ends up .... my tap water is giving me pain in the head ..... I am concidering to buy an RO unit what do you sugest , is it going to be better .... what Ph will the Ro water be in ???
many thanks Carol :)
EIHAB

Carol_Roberts
06-23-2003, 07:09 PM
I would try to grow out your new discus in your tap water. I've forgotten what you've posted your hardness is, but it seems like is was OK without RO. There will be plenty of time to get an RO later. Just get everybody settled in first.