PDA

View Full Version : Advise Pls

gandalf
06-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Hi,
I just bought 2 pairs of Ram Rossi ( fish like african cichlid ).. the LFS guy told me they will go with discus so put it along with my discus... but now discus gone into hiding on one end of tank and hardly come out... :(.. the ram rossi are small.. but very active and keep chasing each other... now i am not sure what should i do.. shall i take the ram rossi and give them away .. cos discus are not venturing out from one end of tank after i put the ram rossi in ? pls advise

reg
bala

chirohorn
06-26-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure what a ram rosi is, but if it's anything like an African cichlid then it's too aggressive to be discus compatible. I think someone was trying too hard to make a sale. >:(

Take them back to the store & demand a refund as the salesperson led you astray.

Wolf
06-26-2003, 09:44 PM
I agree with chirohorn. Keep an eye on your discus. Putting those fish in without quaratine could have given your discus some nastys. Hopefully, they are just being shy and getting harrassed by the other cichlids but I would keep a close eye on them after you remove the other fish. I have heard the german blue ram is safe to put in with discus but I've never tried it myself.

gandalf
06-26-2003, 10:00 PM
ya agree !! i will observe today and if discus continue hiding.. i will remove the ram's.

ndiscus
06-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Well I guess you seem to learning the hard way? Discus are not community fish they are best in a tank by themselves. They do pretty well with Cardinals and Neons. Must try for the most part to acclimate any new fish for 2 weeks before placing them in the Diacus tank. As always use no carbon! And 1 discus every 10 gallons of water.
Mark Rubanow/Nassaudiscus NY

Willie
06-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Bala;

Do you mean Microgeophagus ramirezi? That's the German Blue Ram. If so, there's no problem with compatibility.

Willie

korbi_doc
06-29-2003, 02:57 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: I agree with Willie, if indeed they are German Blues. I have Bolivian rams in with my discus & cories & everyone gets along well, no bother to the discus, if anything the aggression is between the discus only. Dottie ;D ;D