PDA

View Full Version : the tank

Block head ned
06-29-2003, 12:30 AM
no gravel is really annoying me, everything is collapseing and the plants keep floating even the fake ones, and the discus have just lost colour AND they hide all the time now

April
06-29-2003, 12:37 AM
take all the plants out also...then nowhere to hide?
after awhile you wont be able to imagine having plants.
well..give htem some time. just different for them i guess.
of course i dont have plants..all my tanks are bb.

Block head ned
06-29-2003, 12:41 AM
nowere to hide? wouldnt that make things worse?, and they are hideing behind the few bits of wood that are accually able to stay standing

April
06-29-2003, 12:50 AM
no actually it makes it far better imo.
thenthey all swim about and dont try anymore to hide and they get to know you alot faster

Smokey
06-29-2003, 03:22 AM
Every discus has a different personality. The fish need time to settle into the tank; and they need time to accept YOU. hand feeding them will introduce a trust. Discus are intelligent fish. They recognize ever thing around them .

Trust is an issue, which only you, as the keeper, can show.

Be patient.

Smokey

yippy
06-29-2003, 05:34 AM
Well said Smoke, Mine arent scared of nets or anything anymore,when i feed them live brine shrimp i put it in with a small net - so they now asscociate the net as a food source - not being captured! As for my red devil, well he associates my hand as a food source.
Kerry. :lickin:

Block head ned
06-29-2003, 07:12 AM
my discus did except me and came right up to my hands wen they were in the tank, but i took the sand out and they are hideing, anyway i took out their hideing spots and they are starting to remember me ;)

April
06-29-2003, 10:12 AM
just give them a few days and they should be back to the way they were.

limige
06-29-2003, 11:18 PM
ned one thing that works for me with plants is to get glass ivy bowls and those little glass colored beads put pot your plants in. it's neat and clean looking yet makes for easy bottom cleaning.

as for the fish, skip a few feedings and then feed them some CBW and they will love you!! sometimes, you just have to reach them through their stomach's lol.

anyway, be patient. just make sure the water is clean and you match the water paremeters before changing water.

barron
06-30-2003, 06:25 AM
Hi Ned glad all is going o.k., Glad to help you the other morning, your mom told us about your loss sorry :'(.

Doing this will help keep the rest from getting sick.

Barron ;D 8)