PDA

View Full Version : My New Super Red Turq

yippy
07-01-2003, 06:12 AM
Hi all, This is my new fish, i got him on sunday, hes a super red turq. There were others at the shop with less markings and some with more than him but i chose him.
Kerry :D

limige
07-01-2003, 04:54 PM
seems many have said similiar things lately.... >:(

nice fish!!!!

red tints especially can be brought on by lighting, color foods such as tetra bits ect. enjoy it, it the natural colors brought out in a natural manner, very few are hormoned, besides i cought a hormoned super royal red turk from bankok indirectly that has raised fry for me!

nice fish, be proud!

yippy
07-01-2003, 05:41 PM
hi huys, he wont eat any colour enhancing foods, i have all differetnt varieties of colour enhancing foods i bought for my red devil - a waste of money as he wont eat them either. the onlyfish i can get to eat them are my mollies, who are in another tank on their own. the dsicus only eat live foods and froaen foods such as bloodwrm and discus dinner.

Kerry :)

chinoz
07-01-2003, 06:18 PM
I bought a similar one like this at a LFS, the color on them were great..but then fade 2 weeks later. ::)

yippy
07-02-2003, 02:30 AM
oh well have to wait and see, i just went back to shop to have a look at some juveniles for Luke, they havent been fed colour enhancers, theyre being fed biscus diet, the shop has them for 4 weeks in quarantine so if he fades - he fades. but even if the red does fade i dont mind as he has a snakeskin pattern with the turquoise so hopefully he will turn out to be an ok fish.
Kerry

Mr.Trips
07-02-2003, 09:59 AM
I like him! What is its size?

yippy
07-02-2003, 11:04 AM
hi again, Hes Almost 4 inches, they have juveniles there alot cheaper, i went back to the shop today and checked them out - but i must be strong. That pic pics makes him look a little bit redder than he is, but hes stilll very red. Thanks for the compliment.
Kerry :)

EIHAB83
07-05-2003, 11:36 AM
it's very nice fish ... I liked it .... good luck :)

crazy4discus
07-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Hi all, This is my new fish, i got him on sunday, hes a super red turq. There were others at the shop with less markings and some with more than him but i chose him.
Kerry :D

very nice fish

yippy
07-05-2003, 11:53 PM
I went back to that fish shop today, now the guy has gorgeous blue snakeskins, I told him no more room for more fish and he said "well i sell tanks as well you know"
Tempting!
Kerry 8)