PDA

View Full Version : Hey Vancouver!! 2010

korbi_doc
07-02-2003, 12:12 PM
:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU VANCOUVERITES & CANADIANS!!

WINTER OLYMPICS IN 2010 HOORAH HOORAH!!!!!!

:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: Dottie ;D

07-02-2003, 12:23 PM
We've got it??? Boy, April. That's your city. That's really great!! Canada really need a kick start with something like this after the SARS epidemic that almost push most business to the edge of bankruptcy. Mama Mia is going Vancouver from Toronto since no body come to Toronto anymore. I hope the Roll Stones can bring some people back. i can never forgot the number of panalties against the Canadian Women Hockey team in the championship match. Half of the game were playing with at least one woman short. 40% with 2 women short. They still won the Gold medal. That's really great. I'll call my friend who has a time- shareing resort in Whishler and get a ringside seat.
Jimmy.

Rick_May
07-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Olympics? Gee my condolences. Standby for higher taxes, massive construction, and a fiscal hangover that will last for years. Hopefully Utah will get back to normal, and payoff the debt by the time the Olympics are there.

Glenn
07-02-2003, 09:23 PM
Jimmy the hockey games will be in Vancouver not in whishler.Its to bad it wasnt something good like the ACC.

April
07-02-2003, 09:25 PM
yes we have the olympics in 2010. theres mixed feelings for sure. but there will be some improvements alright. like a super safe highway to whistler. right now its treacherous.
and yes jimmy you better book now. and you wont be able to drive to whistler. it will be bumper to bumper buses.
i guess alot of vancouverites will make money on renting their houses out though.
and right across the street from where i live wiill be the new olympic village. and later subsidy housing and a new development. so this area of town will be stylin. my area is the old expo grounds and that was in 86 and their still building. i have construction all around me. but it will be a neat area when their done. of course i could be gone by then...
ok..so ...allyou discus/ olympic fans....your welcome to pull up a sleeping bag in my humble home. but wc are a must before you go off to the games each day. :P
i heard theres mixed feelings alright. as alot feel the money should be spent on medical and social stuff instead of super highways and new curling rinks etc.
but...we are number one most liveable city in the world....last year. tied with melbourne. and it is a very beautiful place when theres a blue sky. yes jimmy . just the snow stuff will be in whistler. skiing...etc.
rest in town. just be sure to let me know when you get here. we can have a discus party. dont come without fish
Glenn find me my job with the city now. lol.